cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery through Project for the Header material (BOM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

This is the scenario about the BOM. I hvae exploded the BOM to the project and have done the consequent operations and now i have the child components in the Project Stock.

Now when i do the delivery from project all the components are being picked up. Need to deliver the main material.

Please let me know what needs to be done.

I have checked for similar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just think, You required 3 components to manufacture a assembly A. Now if you want to make assembly A, then you have to consume all the 3 components. If you dont consume the child components then how can you make A. Same like that, you have components in project stock and you could make delivery but now you are asking how to deliver the header material. To deliver the header material, you need to first manufacture it, First do that, produce the header material by consuming the child components, then you think about delivering it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for your responce.

Process wise yes to produce the header material we need to consume the child components. Agreed. But need to work out the same in SAP.

I have worked on creating the production orders through the components. But here i have not assigned the header component. Thus not sure how i can manufacture the header material.

please help me out.

thanks

Somesh.N

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should create production order for header material and then issue all the child components to the order. I think it would be better if you could discuss this with your PP consultant.

Or else, assign only header material to project, Run MRP this will create requirement for child components and then do the normal production process. At the end you will have header material in the stock and you can deliever the same.

Edited by: Ahmed Rifaee on Sep 24, 2010 7:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for your reply.

I have run one cycle with the main component assigned to the project and then creating the production order etc.

Here i want to deliver using the BOM. If again i have to create the production order for the main component, its a duplicate effort as the production order will have the components and the operations. Why do we need to assign the components to the project?

Hope my question is clear.

thanks

Somesh.N

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Better discuss this with your PS consultant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

Thanks for the help.

I am the PS consultant here. We are implementing this solution and thus trying to find solution for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somesh,

The process you are asking is a standard PS-PP integration. Go through SAP Help or read PLM230. You will get a better idea about it. Same thing has been explained by Ahmed in short.

Regards,

Gokul