cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with executing "Write HCM Employee To SAP Master"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I transfered identity data from SAP HCM to the VDS and to the HCM_Staging Area (Identity Store) successful. Now I want to transfer the data to form the HCM_Staging_Area to the Main ID-Store (Enterprise People).

So I try to use the Write "HCM Employee To SAP Master" job, but the job isn't startet... How I have to start the job?

Thanks in advance...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

have you checked the ldap mapping within your HCM, that you're using the right object class "sapIdentity"?

You have configured your vds to use the correct template?

You have imported the schema for HCM_Staging_Area?

Kind regards,

achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

1. In the VDS I use the template "HCM LDAP EXTRACT for IDM"

2. LDAP mapping is se to sapIdentity

3. Template "HCM_Staging_Area" is imported

In the transaction hrldap_mapping I set all attributes as a technical field, except personal number, firrstname and lastname. But hat shouldn't be a problem...?!

I have always the same problem:

In the IC table MXI_VALUES, I see the HCM users, but they have no Attr_ID = 1 with the aValue "MX_HCM_EMPLOYEE", so the Modify-Task didn't start...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe someone could tell me, where the VDS maps the HCM data to the entry type MX_HCM_EMPLOYEE?

I can't find something which looks like this mapping...

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your settings on the VDS:

Data Sources -> Singles -> <Your Data Source> (IDS in my case)

What you have there at scope?

When you configure the connection, you must make sure the IDS ID is the ID of your HCM staeging area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The value of the scope attribute is 2. This is my HCM Staging Area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

And if you do on your SQL Server

SELECT * FROM MXIV_ENTRIES where IS_ID = '2'

Do you get any results?

This would be you at least have results in your HCM IDS.

Else the problem is on a step before

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I get a lot of results if I execute this query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This means all goes through well.

Now we need to see if you get the system username.

If you pick one MSKEY, you should see the attribute with the system username.

MXIV_ENTRIES should show you the AttrName. Its something with "SYUNAME"

If you have maintained it in PA30 it should appear there.

What is the exact name of the attriubte?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

For one MSKEY in MXIV_ENTRIES I only have the following attributes:

MSKEYVALUE
CN
OBJECTCLASS
P0000-PERNR
P0002-VORNA
P0002-NACHN

And I never called PA30... Because in the tutorial this transaction is not mentioned... So you could give me the next tip, please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I call the transaction HRLDAP_MAP, I can configure a mapping for the SYHR_A_P0105_AF_SYSUNAME attribute. If i do so, in the MXIV_ENTRIES this attribute is added. So the list of attributes from one MSKEY is:

MSKEYVALUE
CN
OBJECTCLASS
P0000-PERNR
P0002-VORNA
P0105-SYHR_A_P0105_AF_SYSUNAME
P0002-NACHN

Edited by: Peter Dornheim on Oct 5, 2010 10:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Java Class which does the conversion from sapIdentity to MX_HCM_EMPLOYEE is probably missing in your VDS configuration.

In order to fix this go to your VDS and navigate through Extension classes -> New -> Pre Process -> Import -> <VDS-Path>/externals/MxEmployeeType.java

After importing the Java class, the import should work as expected.

Regards,

Martin

paul_abrahamson_sap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The job should be started by the task linked to the Add and Modify events on the MX_HCM_EMPLOYEE entry type.

We had this problem yesterday where we had disabled the "HCM Master Check for SYSUNAME of Employee" job, but it wasn't then running the "Write HCM Employee To SAP Master" job.

We tried pointing the Modify and Add events on the MX_HCM_EMPLOYEE entry type to this "Write HCM Employee To SAP Master" task directly and that seemed to work.

Note: we are calculating our MSKEYVALUE in this step if there is no user name supplied from the HR record in P0105-SYHR_A_P0105_AF_SYSUNAME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer,

if I look in the SQL database from my identity center, I see the userdata from HCM, but they have not the according MX_HCM_EMPLOYEE entrytype. So the Modify task don't start.

How can I define (in the VDS?), that the entry type MX_HCM_EMPLOYEE is automatically set to the HCM users?

Former Member
0 Kudos

On your VDS, that template did you use?

All my entries have the MX_HCM_EMPOLYEE type, even if i don't send them to my main IDS.