Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS search help

former_member186783
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to have a F4 help for my Select option.

This is a special search help, with a tree in it. I already created a view, which has the tree and it works 100% correctly

My question is: How can I display this view, when I click on the search help button?

I realized when I create the Select option I have some paramteres to choose the value help type:

i_value_help_type =

-CO_PREFIX_SEARCHHELP

-CO_PREFIX_OVS

-CO_PREFIX_APPLDEV

-CO_PREFIX_NONE

-CO_PREFIX_AUTO

Which one to choose in this situation?

I implemented the OVS but the problem is, when I call my popup screen with the tree, the OVS table search help is also displayed by the WD.

Maybe the CO_PREFIX_APPLDEV is the right answer? But if I choose this, how can I implement it? How can I catch the event, when the user click on the value help button of the Select-Option

Thanks

N.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the freely programmable search option dose not work for you, you can create a small button nest to the input field and on the action of that button , you can call your search view in a new small window. On selection of the value from search screen, close the window and bind the selected value to the select option context attribute.

Madhu2004
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you choose I_VALUE_HELP_TYPE = CO_PREFIX_APPLDEV then it will be freely programmed value help.

In freely programmed value help you need to create a new component which should implement IWD_VALUE_HELP interface.

then you should reuse the freely programmed value help component in your main component and pass the the component usage name to I_VALUE_HELP_TYPE paramater.

[Freely programmed value help SAP help file|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bic704sp05/helpdata/en/47/9ef8cc9b5e3c5ce10000000a421937/content.htm]

Regards,

Madhu

Edited by: madhu reddy on Sep 24, 2010 4:47 PM

former_member186783
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the answers:

@ Ankit Saral Jain: I've tried the button version. It's easy to implement it, but it's not a nice solution

@ madhu reddy: Special thanks for you. I implemented the solution. It displays my own view, no I have to solve, it to pass the values into the select option, but I think I can handle this

Maybe it'll be usefull for other users, so I'll copy the solution here:

DATA lo_so_api TYPE REF TO IF_WD_CONTROLLER.
  lo_so_api = wd_this->m_wd_select_options->wd_get_api( ).

DATA lo_so_cmp TYPE REF TO IF_WD_COMPONENT.
  lo_so_cmp = lo_so_api->get_component( ).

DATA lo_so_cmp_usg TYPE REF TO IF_WD_COMPONENT_USAGE_GROUP.
  lo_so_cmp_usg = lo_so_cmp->create_cmp_usage_group(
      name           = 'MYSO'
      used_component = 'Z_SELECTION_TREE' ).

lt_range_table =
  wd_this->m_handler->create_range_table(
  i_typename = 'ORGEH' ).
* add a new field to the selection
  wd_this->m_handler->add_selection_field(
  i_id = 'ORGEH'
  i_value_help_id = 'MYSO'
  i_value_help_type = IF_WD_VALUE_HELP_HANDLER=>CO_PREFIX_APPLDEV
  it_result = lt_range_table
  i_read_only = read_only ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NGA,

Im working on same kindoff scenario where i have to implement the search help for a select options field.

Can you please tell me how to bring the freely programed value help values from your own View to the selectoptions component field.

0 Kudos

Dear Nador, 

I am working on same scenario like where I have to provide search help for org unit in select optins and  that search help should be tree structure.

Could  you please send me the solution.

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

Ravikumar.