cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS (RZ20-RZ21) E-mail Job Notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I've seen quite some information scattered all around about how to configure the rz20-rz21 to receive email notifications when there's an error in a monitor you've created. However, I have not been able to find a solution for my problem on those guides.

My problem is that I can manually execute the auto reaction method, and the email will be sent to the specific users, however, the auto reaction method is not triggered by itself which is what I would want.

This are the steps I have followed, please, advice:

1.- I have created a shared distribution list on the business workplace (sbwp) called CCMS_ES_EMNT with two recipients: (The sd is within a folder of the same name)

2- I have gone to RZ21 -> display method definitions -> and found the CCMS_OnAlert_Email_V2 method. I have copied it and setted up as follows:

Execution: As it was

Parameters:

SENDER - MySapUsername

RECIPIENT - CCMS_ES_EMNT (Shared Distribution List)

RECIPIENT-TYPEID - C

REACT_ON_ALERTS - RED

SUBJECT ALERT - whatever

SUBJECT_ALERT_CONT - whatever

Now, I believe that it should be sending the alerts to the CCMS_ES_EMNT shared distribution and then send the information to the recipients found within.

3.- Configuring RZ20 MTEs - So I have copied SAP CCMS Monitor Templas -> Background Processing -> Aborted Jobs

4.- Flag AbortedJobs -> Propierties and configured it to use the auto reaction method that I had created before (CCMS_OnAlert_Email_V2_ES_EMNT)

Now, I can see that there are alerts under AbortedJobs (Current Alerts -> Flag it -> Display Alerts) from jobs that have failed / canceled / etc.

But the problem is that the alerts are never sent, there's no record of it going through SCOT or SOST or anything. Before, I was using the CCMS_OnAlert_EMail_ES_EMNT (copy of CCMS_OnAlert_Email) but it started to work but it was terminated.

With the new auto reacion method (v2) I don't see any errors, so it should be working....

--

Now, if I view->status autoreaction and double click on AbortedJobs, I can manually execute the auto-reaction method and it works, but it is not triggered by itself... why?

I truly hope you guys are able to help me.

Kind Regards

Edited by: Daniel Fernandez Cuendias on Sep 24, 2010 12:15 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Detelin_Nedev
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

Have you checked the following: In the tab "Release" of the method there should be checked "Auto-reaction method".

We have been using CCMS_OnAlert_Email method and copies of this method and no problem at all.

Here is some information how-to set, but I suppose you know this.

http://www.sap-at-oracle.net/blog/?page_id=18

Best regards,

Detelin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

Have you checked the following: In the tab "Release" of the method there should be checked "Auto-reaction method".

We have been using CCMS_OnAlert_Email method and copies of this method and no problem at all.

Here is some information how-to set, but I suppose you know this.

http://www.sap-at-oracle.net/blog/?page_id=18

Best regards,

Detelin

Hello Datelin,

Yes, the autoreaction method has been configured as such on the ccms_onalert_email_v2 method.

Do you have a job (SM37) to send the mail inclient 000 for program RSCONN01? It should be set to run every minutes or so.

If so, then you need to check the whole chain of events that generates the email:

• To activate alerts: RZ21 > Technical Infrastructure > Configure Central System > Activate Central Central System Dispatching.

• That returns the message, "Central system tool dispatching is active; job: SAP_CCMS_CENSYS_DISPATCHER,, client: 000".

• That is an event driven job, triggered by SAP_CSM_TRIGGER_CENSYS_DISPATCH (which can be manually triggered by SM64).

• It triggers GRMG_TRIGGER data collection method.

• The trigger is called by background job SAPMSSY8, with cycle time controlled by parameter rdisp/autoabaptime.

Hello Sean,

I am seeing that no "SAP_CCMS_CENSYS_DISPATCHER" job was activated, however, I am seeing a "SAP_CCMS_MONSYS_BATCH_DP" job being executed every hour.

Now, I've read a buttload of guides regarding this configuration, and at some point, I did read that if you configure your autoreaction method to (Control Tab) "Only in central system, triggered by CCMS agents" then you must activate the central system dispatching on RZ21.

However, mine is configured to be "Periodically in a dialog process (short-run program)" -- I don't really know the differences, and I'm not sure as which it should be configured.

--

BTW, I see all the guides and everything talking always about configuring everything on the 00. We have it configured on development 100/200, I don't think it does matters, but just throwing it in there.

Thank you for the help,

Kind Regards.

EDIT:

PD: I have made a temporary walk-around which is configuring the autoreaction method to be executed periodically as a job, which is sending alerts every hour if there's anything.

Still waiting on a final answer.

Edited by: Daniel Fernandez Cuendias on Sep 27, 2010 9:33 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I'm still in need of help, even if the walk around works fine, I would like the real thing.

Please, I am still open to suggestions.

Kind Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Daniel,

Can you please try to copy standard method and use that method as auto reaction method. I had this problem sometime back and I had to create one copy and use it.

May be it should work in your case.

Regards

Shailesh Mamidwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shailesh,

I'm, in fact, using a copy of the autoreaction method 😕

Thank you anyway,

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have a job (SM37) to send the mail inclient 000 for program RSCONN01? It should be set to run every minutes or so.

If so, then you need to check the whole chain of events that generates the email:

• To activate alerts: RZ21 > Technical Infrastructure > Configure Central System > Activate Central Central System Dispatching.

• That returns the message, "Central system tool dispatching is active; job: SAP_CCMS_CENSYS_DISPATCHER,, client: 000".

• That is an event driven job, triggered by SAP_CSM_TRIGGER_CENSYS_DISPATCH (which can be manually triggered by SM64).

• It triggers GRMG_TRIGGER data collection method.

• The trigger is called by background job SAPMSSY8, with cycle time controlled by parameter rdisp/autoabaptime.

Regards,

Sean