SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds Management Commitment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In funds management (BCS) in case of inventory I have activated AVC from PR level. After making PO commitment for PR get reversed and new commitment for PO get generated. but after issuing material to department, commitment for GR get reversed and new commitment for PL GL get generated. this leads to total reversal of commitment at balance sheet GL. due to this budget get opened again for new PR. to avoide this I required to block commitment through tcode FMX1. but this to be done manually every time after issuing material. I want to make it automated means commitment should be blocked automatically after issuing material. please suggest.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, can you clarify with example

0 Kudos

Hi,

I made PR for Rs. 100. In this case commitment is booked for GL say 132000 (inventory).

After that I made PO for same amount. So PR commitment get reversed and PO commitment booked for Rs. 100.

In case of GR PO commitment get reversed and commitment booked for GR entry for Rs. 100.

Then I issue that material to GL 412000, CC 190150 then GR comitment for GL 132000 get reversed and new commitment for GL 412000 get booked.

It means PR budget is again open for posting.

+100 PR

-100 PR (after making PO)

+100 PO

-100 PO (after making GR)

+100 GR

-100 GR (after issue of material)

to avoid this opening of PR budget again I need to block budget by passing manual entry through tcode FMX1to GL 132000.

I want to make this FMX1 entry automated. can we do this. please suggest.

0 Kudos

Hi, from business point of view it's right, bcs you "transfer" budget consumption from one Commitment Item to another(GL account is not considered in FM, I think Commitment Item derived from GL).

But if you want to live budget consumption for 132000 instead of 412000 then you can do it in next way:

1. using FuncModule EXIT_SAPLFMFA_001

+100 GR

-100 GR (after issue of material)for GI as stat MARK it as statistic, so it'd not effect on AVC

2. use Derivation for Budget and AVC addresses

3. use cover eligibility function

By the way, why do you need it?To trigger AVC for ComItem for 132000?

0 Kudos

In my post I mean consumed budget instead of budget consumption.

0 Kudos

When you issue goods, you should develop strategy which will take the offset item to the dummy budget line. Thus, your consumed budget won't be changed. You can look at this message

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

As commitment item 132000 is used while making PR, and we need control from PR, so we need AVC for commitment item 132000.

0 Kudos

That's normal, that you need the control. However, you should skip the control when you are doing GI from this account as it frees back the budget.

0 Kudos

Hi,

while making PR, I am inserting Funds Center manually to have control on budget from PR level for inventory, so system runs smoothly for PR, PO and GR. But when I issue that material to deprtment for consumption the it throws an error - No funds center entered/derived in item 00001 (Cocd/132000/)-

I am using two function modules also

1. FMDT_READ_MD_CMMT_ITEM

2.FMDT_READ_MD_ACCOUNT_COMPANY

But still getting this error. Please suggest.

0 Kudos

Please, don't expand the thread by posting different quesiotns in it. As for your error, check your FMDEIRVE; put a trace and see why the FM objects are not derived.