SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Down payment in fund management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i am posting a down payment in reference to purchase order, budget is carried back by system automatically which was committed at the time of creation of Purchase Order. It may lead to actual procurement exceeding the budget as budget is reduces.

For example:

Purchase Order created - 100 USD (Budget is committed by 100 USD)

Down payment created against PO - 100 USD (Budget commited by purchase order is carried back automatically)

It means another PO can be created for for 100 USD till the time down payment is not cleared.

Can anybody guide me to stop reversal of budget commitment at down payment.

Further, standard update profile 350 is used where down payment & down payment request are marked as 'Statistical Update'. SAP version is ECC 604.

Thanks

Manish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, have you looked at Note [1126105|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1126105] ?

does it help you?

regards

Mar

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, have you looked at Note [1126105|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1126105] ?

does it help you?

regards

Mar

0 Kudos

Hi Mar,

I had seen this SAP note before posting thread.

I have some doubts in regard to implementing above note which are as follows:

1. In update profile Down payment request & Down payment is marked for statistical update then why it is impacting funds

2. SAP Note says that it is a modification & SAP will withdraw support after implementation of note. What are the changes take place once note is implemented:

a. Whether I would not be able to make down payment against purchase order line item?

b. If i can not make payment then this note is of no use as i want to track down payment against purchase order.

c. If i can make the down payment against purchase order, will it not impact purchase order history?

OR

d. this change will only impact fund management & down payment document will not impact fund management

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

DP marked as statistical means that it has no impact on the budget as independent transaction. However, it still reduces the commitment of the PO, thus making some budget available. If you implement this note the commitment of the PO won't be reduced by DP.

Regards,

Eli