0 Kudos

Hi in Master guide stated

To implement the following SAP MII business

scenarios, you must use SAP ECC 6.0 or

higher:

- Shop Floor Quality Integration

- Content Versioning

- Transactions for BAPI Consumption

1. Shop Floor Quality Integration (is this means QM module of ECC) - why do I requre ECC 6?

2. Content Versioning, Netweaver has own content versioning NWDI. Is this what they mean? Why do I need ECC 6?

3. Transactions for BAPI Consumption - what does is means? Why ECC6?

thanks

I reviewed this thread , but it does not really clearify my doubt!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if the Master guide was updated since the forum post you included, but there is a note near that section in the guide that says "Standalone SAP MII 12.1 does not require SAP ECC. The Ad Hoc Reporting and Trend Chart Visualization business scenarios do not require SAP ECC either".

ECC 6 (rather than ERP) is mentioned in the guide because that latest version was tested in conjunction with MII 12.1. You can setup NWDI and MII without ECC, but customers that leverage SAP solutions will understand that the integration into their SAP landscapes are possible and provide benefits.

Hope it helps,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin

I understand that stand alone MII does not require ECC. And we have also developed MII applications with /without ECC. What my concern is:

- ? Shop Floor Quality Integration - If I want to use this integration scenario, does it means I need to have ECC 6.0 if I have MII 12.1?

? Transactions for BAPI Consumption - could you explain what is this??

And what does it means by standalone SAP MII. I thought SAP MII is stand alone. What is not standalone???

Edited by: Seng Kiang Hoe on Sep 27, 2010 9:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Shop Floor Quality Integration (essentially the QM module) and the Transactions for BAPI Consumption pieces are both exposed in Solution Manager, specifically the Business Process Repository. If you have Solution Manager with ECC then you can also view the supporting documentation for them, including prerequisites. Again, in the guide it labels that ECC section as optional, which leads me to your last question.

MII "standalone" means MII without ECC. MII does need Netweaver in order to run (as indicated in the guide with the X). Some companies use MII for integrating their shop floor systems with a "one stop shop" view. This can be done without ECC, but MII's flexibility allows for integration to the corporate level. Some shops that are SAP savvy, link with NWDI, ECC, Solution Manager other products. Others use MII as a middleware layer and use other solutions for their front ends.

Regards,

Kevin

Answers (0)