Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two opposite quants of same qty are in Storage Type-921

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I have one situation as below:

In Storage Type 921 Stock is zero and when i double click on that line in LS26 I can see that there are two quants one is of Qty 100 and other is of Qty -100 (both not having storage Unit).

I want the way out to remove those quants.

Requesting a sincere reply on this.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

921 storage type is generally being used for a stock transfer from storage loc to storage loc.

and in this case , we generally configured in storage type configuration that , it should allow negative stock.

and in your case the SU could not be active

The material has removed from the source storage bin and not yet posted in to the destination storage bin & it could be not yet confirmed.

Please do the confirmation then it wont show any qunts and the total stock will be NIL.

I hope it will help.

Thanks

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

James

I am curious

Did it clear?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frenchy,

User has left for the day tomorrow only we will be able to check it.

i will surely let u know.

thanks

0 Kudos

Hello Friends

Was this issue resolved. We are facing this same issue. Any input to resolve this issue is welcome.

Regards

C. A. Pillai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It didn't work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frenchy,

It could be removed when stock was transfered thru LT01 from one quant to other.

Well, this is a workaround.

But i couldn't find out the exact reason why this was happened ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

James

Are they in the same St Location

If they are then I think you should select the positive in LT10 and move it to the negative and then refresh

It may be that when they where entered there was a difference that does not exist now

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes these two are in the same storage location.

i will try as u said.

Former Member
0 Kudos

James

There has to be a difference otherwise they would clear themselves!!

It may be batch it may be status (Q S etc)

let me know

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

that is what is surprising to me as well.

in LS26 for 921 Available stock is zero.

if i doubl click on that line the i can see two rows there which are having same storage bin and one of them with negative sign.

in LS26 there is no indicator Q-QI or S-Blocked. and the material is not batch managed so batch no. doesn't come into picture.

Former Member
0 Kudos

James

I assume that the lock symbol is against the negative line and this is becayes you cannot select the negative line

Select the positive line and move it in to the negative line and all will be cleared

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

but i will be moving from same storage type and storage bin to the same storage type and storage bin will that be ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

but i will be moving from "same storage type and storage bin" to the "same storage type and storage bin" will that be ok ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The stock is zero because in terms of quantity one cancels out the other, However there nust be a difference between them or they would not show in LS26

Use transaction LT10 for the material and St Type 921 and you will see the two entries

Select the positive and move iot to where the negative is ensuring the destination st bin is correct and also select confirm immediately

It should turn Green and then when you refresh it will be gone

The only time that it wont work is if they are different statuses i.e. one is Q and the other is unrestricted

If this is the case remove the Q or whatever and then they will go

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Material is usually moved from "St locn A (WM managed)' to 'St Locn B (IM Managed)' by 311 Movt.

Now the stock about which i am talking is lying in the same storage type 921 in the same stoarage bin TRANSFER.

if i run LT10 for 921 the i get two rows one of which has 'LOCK' symbol at start of the row.

what may be the reason of this ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

lock symbol is for the row which is having 'negative stock qty'

Former Member
0 Kudos

but i will be moving from same storage type and storage bin to the same storage type and storage bin will that be ok