cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Connectivity

Former Member

In my proj andscape,i have one system,having 32 schemas.Each schema has same table structure ,but different data based n country.System is oracle based.To pick and place data into system,I am using JDBC adapter in SAP PI.I have below doubts:

1. how many drivers need to install.

2. how will i differentiate schema name in JDBC adapter ,both sender and receiver?

To pick data from this system I have to use different adapter for each schema.wht parameter will distinguish each schema in sender adapter.

to place data into one of schema,i hve to use enhanced reciver determination.based on one field in message type ,i will find out target system.

Am I correct?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For each data base, you have to create new Sender JDBC Communication Channel.

As in the string, which you will use in Sender JDBC Communication Channel, will use DATABASE NAME.

So for each data base, you will create new sender JDBC Communication channel.

Your JDBC System is ORACLE based, you need to install only ONE JDBC Driver on PI System, as the correct driver from Administrator of JDBC Oracle System.

Different Sender and Receiver JDBC Communication channels will be used for each database. Define Schema name in Select Query in Sender JDBC Communication like Select a, b, c from <Schema / table name>.

For Receiver JDBC Communication Define the Schema Name in the MAPPING (STATEMENT) Table Name.

For help for Mapping & select query, find the links / weblogs on SDN, there are many links & blogs related to this topic.

0 Kudos

what we do in Receiver channel?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neelam,

You have to install only a sinlge oracle driver, check on the oracle site for the latest version of driver.

If the database name is same, then you can use the same receiver JDBC channel, but the sender channel will be different as the queries would be different for every schema.

-Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Only one driver is needed

2. By using the syntax like this: "select * from <schema>.<table>"