Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BR0286W - Standby Backup success with warnings

former_member199632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Backup Error BR0286W "Return Code 0001 Success with warnings"

We are having PRD and Standby Server (SB)

In PRD psapsr3 tablespace is in autoextending mode and it increase size by 20MB at a time

From PRD, redologs are sending (brsend) to SB server, as when it generates.

But, in SB Server it applies (brapply) only after 30 minutes.

When i getting the backup from "standby server" it shows the this warning message.

BR0286W Size 4953481216 of file /oracle/PRD/sapdata2/sr3_4/sr3.data4 is different from Oracle file size 4974452736

When count the different it is exactly 20MB

So i think this warning occurs due to mismatching the datafile sizes in SB server and PRD server.

Is it?

or else is there any relationship between Control files to this issue!

Since PSAPSR3 tablespace, in PRD is in autoextending mode, How will it tell to SB server to extends its PSAPSR3 datafile.

(When PRD increase from 20 MB, How it going to tell to SB Server to increase from that amount)

Is it happens from the archivedlogs that sending from PRD?

Regards,

zerandib

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This warning is shown if the redo log entry that describes the auto-extension of the datafile has not yet been processed on the standby side. You may safely ignore it.

As of BR tools 7.10 patch 25 this message is reported with status "Info" instead of "Warning" so that you no longer get a non-zero exit code.

Regards,

Mark

former_member199632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently, there are only 9 data files available in the PRD database. (Max Limit 10000 MB)

Same 9 Datafiles available in the Standby server also.

what will happen when i add a new datafile to PRD. How will this affects to SB server?

How can i see the maxlimit of the datafiles in the SB server. Is it same as 10000 MB or differ.

(Since SB server is not open i cannot access to DBA_DATA_FILES table to get the MAX size)

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you add a new datafile you need to create new stanby controlfile in the primary location(which will have the details about the path of the new datafile). Move this to the Secondary site and then replace this new control file in all the three locations in the secondary(take a copy of the old control file b4 replacing this with the new one).

Create a directory in the same path as that of the primary and then bring the secondary DB in the standby mode. Then start the log updation in the secondary.

This way you let the secondary database know about the addition of new datafile.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you add/resize data file in your primary server, automatically the same action will be repeated by data guard on you SB server. If you want to verfiy you can go thourgh your SB database alert_<SID>.log file.

SB will be as same as your primary DB hence the size of DB and maxextend will be same as primary.

former_member199632
Participant
0 Kudos

- Is there any relationship between the parameter Standby_file_management

show parameter standby_file_management

Currently in SB-Server it is set to AUTO

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes,

For your technical knowledge or you may have other queries then please refer http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14239/manage_ps.htm and look for 8.3 Managing Primary Database Events That Affect the Standby Database

Answers (0)