cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDR_SELECT_OPTION F4 help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm now using WDR_SELECT_OPTION to create some search fields.

But I found it's difficult to assign " a little complex " search help.

e.g. A user search help. there's an input field for user name and next to it there's a user id text view.

If I'm not using WDR_SELECT_OPTION it's very easy to implement . But with WDR_SELECT_OPTION ,

I can't make the input filed the user name, coz it must receive the value of user ID. Then it's not so userfriendly .

Coz from user perspective, they expect to see users' name more than some meaningless user id.

Looking forward your solution to solve the problem above.

Regards,

Aaron

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

From what I understand you want to give your user an input field to type in a name. The system will then look for this name, and present him with a list of possible names and ID's.

My solution would be:

1. Put an input field in the view.

2. Search for this name in R3.

3. Bring back all possible names with their corresponding ID's

4. Bind the retrieved table to a node (0..n) containing two attributes: name and ID.

5. When the user identifies a name a click on the table row will select this line and put the ID whereever you need it

Hope it helps

regards

yuval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuval,

Thanks for your reply.

But I think this is not my case. when I'm developing the search field by myself, that'll be easy. I can do anything I want with free programmed search help. But the problem is I'm now using the WDR_SELECT_OPTION standard WDC to make these search field.

Somehow I lose the control of event handling.

Regards,

Aaron.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any possiblity to make inputfield display some text description, but actual the real value received is the key of this value pair.

Just like the dropdown list. you can see a list:

key text

1 abc

2 def

3 ghi

If you select ( 3 , ghi ), "ghi " will be displayed on the screen, but the real value received is 3.

the important thing is I'm using WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS to make these inputfield( coz I want to use the extension ).

Looking forward to your quality replies.

Regards,

Aaron

Edited by: Aaron Shen on Sep 30, 2010 4:34 AM

Edited by: Aaron Shen on Sep 30, 2010 4:35 AM

Edited by: Aaron Shen on Sep 30, 2010 4:36 AM