cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shoppingcart Approver Determination(Org Structure)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gurus,

I am working on class scenorio SRM 4.0 Version project.my problem is described as mentioned below.

User is creating a shopping cart with the value 5500 Euro.In the Org Structure User manager(Manager A) has the approver limit as 5000 Euros.So based on shopping cart value IT should goto Next Level manager(Manager B having approval limit 10000 Euro).

System determined correct Manager(Manager B).But User has added the " Add Approver" option in the shoppingcart and replaced with Manager A saved the shopping cart. Finally Manager A has approved the shopping cart.

My question is Manager A having the Approval Limit 5000 but he approved the work item of User shopping cart value 5500.

Is it standard process or any bug in the SAP SRM.

Or any OSS note to resolve the issue...

My Client reported like that how system allowed above the shopping cart approver to Manager A.

Is it behaving Farward Work Item and that time system wont check the Apprver limit know....

Please correct me my assumption is wrong...

Please reply me as soon as possible.

Regards,

Satish.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathis,

To my knowledge, once you manually force the system to behave in a certain way then it will follow it.

In this case, the approval limits are in place so the system will cross-check with the approval limits to determine the approvers as part of the automatic process. However, if the user has manually changed the SC approval list by adding a new approver (or whoever) then the system does not restrict it. To put it this way, the application assumes that this is the way the user wants the approval to be in that particular case. You can probably put in custom checks to throw an error at that point or maybe disable "Add Approvers" button for requisitioners.

Hope, this answers your query.

Thanks & Regards

Saravanan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You must implement the Dynamic Spending LImit Approval in SRM

You should use Expression 0B_SC_SPENDLIMAPPR02 for the Event at this Process Level.

Then use BADI Implementation /SAPSRM/BD_WF_SC_RR_MANAGER for agent determination.

BADI Implementation /SAPSRM/BD_WF_CONFIG_SC_SL for creation of Dynamic Process level.

In other words, activate the above to badi Implementations and use the RR_MANAGER in the parameter for Agent determination in process level config.

This will work as follows:

Expression will evaluate whether the Previous approver or Creator of the SC has SL more than SC Value or not. If not, System creates a dynamic process level and assign the first approver. Then again it re-evaluate the BRF expression and figure out if the first approver had SL more than the SC value, if not, system determines next approver and creates a new process level dynamically. This process goes on until SC is covered with a manager with enough spending limits.

I hope this will help you sorting out your issue around SL Approvals

System wont allow you to remove the approvers which ve been picked by Workflow. Only Manually added approvers can be removed

Regards

Virender Singh