cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Copy 701 AS-JAVA Downtown Reduction

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have completed the subject copies before. and am looking to see if there is any short cuts.

I am doing system copies of an AS-Java, BI-Java, EP, EPC system, No ABAP stack. This is an AIX Oracle 7.01 system.

To make the target systems available sooner, I was hoping to begin the installation of the target system first. I am using the db-copy method. Normal procedure would be to run sapinst on the source system to create the migration export CD for Java. And then start sapinst on the target system.

I was hoping I could complete the target system sooner if I could start the target sapinst before I complete the source sapinst export. It seems the export of java is not used to the end of the target system build so I was hoping I could complete the target build through the Oracle installation/patching. Then when I had my source system backup and java export, I could continue the target installation.

Unfortunately, the Target installation looks for a label in migration export path. So you can't even complete the parameter input on the target system. Does anyone know if there is a way around this? If this is something you do repeatedly, could you use an old java migration export location to get past this check, continue the target install up to the database restore, and then put the current java migration export files in that path?

Or do I have to forllow the normal process of Source system java export followed by target install?

Thanks, Pat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could try the Option "Parallel Export/Import Option" with the parameter Load Procedure Fast during Import Phase

You can start setting the parameters in the target system , at the time it asks for the destination of the Export File , give the destination , and then start the Export process in the Source system .

Once the the Source system Export starts , continue with the Target System Import give the required parameters .

Now , as your export files are generated , they are simulataniously imported in the target system .

You could use the FTP option when it asks for the protocol of tranfer as it is faster .

This should considerably reduce the downtime.

Please go through the System Coupy guide at SAP Service Marketplace also , as it would be explained there in detail .

Regards,

Ashish .A. Poojary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Systemcopy with DB method for AS Java is not supported. I recommend doing a test export with sapinst and build the target system. It should be possible to do the test export without shutting down the system.

With the second "live" export you finally do the migration (means downtime). If your system is not very large (AS JAVA usually aren't), then optimizing the database export is not helping much. So you should not worry about table splitting, parallel export/import unless the database export takes much more than 1 hour.

Cheers Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215759
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It is not recommended to get past with another export files, as the sapinst may read some label info into xml. If you use another export data to get past the current phaes(though it is not data loading phase), I think you need modify the xml anyway later.