cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender SOAP channel behaves different in XI 3.0 and PI 7.1 - ideas ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

What I have is exactly the same configuration of Sender SOAP channel, Transport Protocol: HTTP, Message Protocol: SOAP 1.1

done in XI 3.0 and PI 7.1

The issue I am figuring out is that in XI I3.0 environment it works, but in PI 7.1 (Ehp1 SP4) environment the request fails with a kind of a timeout error (and error in Module: icxxthr_mt.c Line: 4172, I guess this is returned by ICM .)

Do you have any clue what can cause this and how to overgo it ?

The specific point is that the sender send the POSTs via Axis 1.2.1 which use HTTP1.0, but not HTTP 1.1

Best Regards,

Lalo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, as a rule of thumb, increasing timeouts is rarely solving the issues you are struggling with - most of the cases the root cause is somewhere else - in my case - debug flag in the client which makes it really slower than expected..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalo,

I believe you should increase your timeout settings.

You can perform the following actions:

1) See the SAP note

> 806546 - XI Troubleshooting Guide

Section "Timeouts in XI" -> u201CTimeout Calling the Adapter Framework or Calling an External Partner Using the HTTP Protocolu201D

Then, set the Instance Profile parameter, icm/server_port_0 as below:

PROT=HTTP,PORT=<icmhttpport>,TIMEOUT=30,PROCTIMEOUT=900

If the problem persists, you can increase the PROCTIMEOUT parameter. e.g.: increase to 1200 and 1500

ENSURE you set this parameter on the XI system AND any other R/3 system that is involved in these scenarios.

ALSO set it on the Web Dispatcher if you use one.

You could also increase icm/keep_alive_timeout.

Best Regards,

Jorge