cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Easy DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have installed ECC 5.0 and I was able to create documents of any type. I also installed SAP Easy DMS and I was able to successfully connect to ECC 5.0. In the Public folders, I was trying to create a document of type "drw" but it gives a message " You do not have authorisation to create document xxxxxx"

I would like to understand if there are any separate settings for easy dms for authorisations.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to install a standalone document management system. Our current SAP sytems is R/3 4.7. We want to link these 2 systems after the install.

On service.sap.com there is no installation software availbale for DMS. Can somebody please guide to correct software required for DMS installation.

thanks

Udai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udai,

The DMS is already in your SAP R/3 system and you can get easyDMS from the sap service market place.

Regards,

Anu

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

to install EasyDMS please see SAP note 1105699 and the DMS WIKI pages under https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/plm/sapDocumentManagement+%28CA-DMS%29

Best regards,

Christoph

P.S.: Please reward points for useful information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have authorization to use RFC Enabled function modules? Authorization object S_RFC.

Thanks,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav, i checked with the Basis person and found out that I have authroisations for s_RFC. Please let me know if there are any other settings that need to be checked.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also I would like to add few more things: I tried to use SAP DMS integration in cProjects... When I tried to save the document info record, I get the following error messages:

Application log contains messages for links to SAP R/3 DMS

Message 1: Create Document Link to a New Folder ( application log - subobject: LNK_2_NEW_FOLD )

Project Definition 140000000000000011562006 - / Document: 10000000740 DRW 000 00

Message 1: You do not have authorization for document (10000000740/DRW/000/00) ( E 420 )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are your SAP and cProjects installed on the same machine? The ACL functionality (authorization at document level) is only available from ECC 6.0. However, it is downgradable. For more details, check SAP note 798504.

Thanks,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our SAP and cProjects are installed in different machines. I would like to understand if they have to be in the same machine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. You do not need them on same machine if you do not want to use ACL. It looks like a support pack with ACL functionality was imported in your system and rest of the activities were not done. What is the support pack on your ECC? Suggest you to find notes on SAP with key work 'ACL'.

Thanks,

Pranav