Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems to avoiding local copy in the user's machine

d_quintal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I implemented the BadI DOCUMENT_FILES01~AFTER_START_APPL according to the wiki http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/Avoidinglocalcopyoforiginal for avoid local copy of original in the user's machine.

This implementation only works for originals open through the ECL Viewer or MS Office Integration, avoiding local copy of originals in this cases.

But the problem is that PDF files still being copy to temporary folder in the user's machine when I use ECL Viewer 6.0 with patch 5 implemented according to SAP note 1380587.

If I implement the patch 5 for ECL Viewer 6.0 without the manually customizing in "Enviroment Variables" indicating in the solution section of the SAP note, then the PDF files are not copy to temporary folder in the user's machine.

In test with ECL Viewer 5.1.2 and 5.1.3, this problem with PDF Files doesn't happen too.

My system and customizing information:

SAP GUI 710 PATCH 18

ECL 6.0 with all patches installed 1 to 7 according to the SAP notes

Data carrier

- Define mount points/logical drive => Data Carrier: PC; Data Carrier Type: PC; Prefix for access path: PC

- Define data carrier type "server, front end" => Data Carrier Type: PC; Description: local PC; path: c:\temp\

Has anyone experienced this?

Best Regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

d_quintal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher

Thanks for your answer. Are there some official additional information about this behavior?

Best regards,

Daniel

Edited by: D Quintal on Sep 24, 2010 4:53 PM

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

regarding the display or handling of PDF files I have to say that here the local copy is required by the Adobe Reader and therefore the system has to made a local copy to display the PDF files correctly. This happens also if you display PDF files with the ECL Viewer because also the viewer requires an instance of the Adobe Reader which again needs a local copy. So for displaying PDF files a local copy is mandatory.

Best regards,

Christoph