cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting proof of delivery using function module or methods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

during an automatic process I need to post a proof of delivery.

So far I know about transaction VLPOD to post a PoD manually. Also I have found functions starting with LE_POD, that seem to be used during transaction VLPOD, but seem rather awkward to use. LE_POD_DATA_PROCESSING can't be used as it does a CALL SCREEN at times.

BAPI's don't (seem to) exist either.

Unless necessary I would not want to do a batch input/call transaction.

Are there any other function modules that may be used to post a proof of delivery?

Otherwise an example of using above mentioned functions 'LE_POD' may be helpful.

searched for: 'proof of delivery', 'function proof of delivery' = nothing noteworthy

System data:

release: 4.7

Thanks

Alan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allan

I am facing the same issue. I also think the FMs LE_POD_* FMs would not be a good choice to use. Can you please tell me how you solved this issue?

Thanks

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

This might be useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Function WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE_2 definitely seems to solve my task.

I'm just not sure how to fill the function appropriately to post the following requirements:

1. posting a full proof of delivery including confirmation

2. posting a partial proof of delivery without confirmation containing possible differences and a corresponding reason

So far I found out that filling TVPOD_TAB without GRUND (the reason) being filled will terminate the function with an exception: with position ### a reason for the difference must be supplied (translated)

If anybody would have a small example of how to fill the function, it would be well appreciated.

Thanks

Alan Downing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sud val,

the mentioned function WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE_2 is only be useful when posting proof of delivery with differences to the expected quantities.

In table tvpod_tab fields LGMNG_DIFF and LGMNG_DIFF_FLO need to contain the reported quantity as well as field GRUND needing a valid entry.

The function will not allow you to confirm the POD although the internal coding may imply differently. It will only work when called from transaction VLPOD as only a function code is set. Therefore one has to record and use batch-input to confirm the POD.