cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notification in FF does not contain the value changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have configured the e-mail notification on FF. The e-mail is delivered to the controller and owner as expected.

In the e-mail the controller gets does not have all the details of the changes made, it has only the t-code used.

We need to see the values that were changed using the t-code.

please let me know, if I have to set any parameters for this to reflect.

Thanks

Vidyar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vidyar,

Did you check if you have the change details in the Firefighter logs? If no, then check if you have the parameter set in Firefighter configuration to retrieve change log.

Regards, Varun

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Varun is correct with this parameter setting.

Be aware that this will then check the CDHDR and CDPOS tables for relevant change documentation. Not all changes are logged here (not custom developments or some system admin functions). There may also be a performance issue so consider implementing an index on this table.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Varun,

Yes, I have the log display correct with details as expected, but it is not on the e-mail sent.

parameter is also set correct " YES " to retrive change logs.

Vidyar

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the Sp level you have in your release version? Please check whether your CDHDR and CDPOS (one after other) has got the values stored in it. Sometimes after a freshly installed system when you configure these FF part this kind of scenarios may arise just because the Load generation for the programs managing these two tables were not done.

After you are confirmed with the parameter settings please go through the below SAP Note numbers.

1039144, 1064094, 1116229, 1226025.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidyar,

check if you have the following in your system:

1. Send Log Report Execution Notification Immediately Parameter set to YES and have both the /VIRSA/ZVFATBAK & /VIRSA/ZVFAT_LOG_REPORT programs running in SM37 at regular inervals. If you have this case then either disable the parameter to NO and let these 2 jobs running OR keep the parameter to YES and disable the /VIRSA/ZVFAT_LOG_REPORT program in SM37.

2. If you have the parameter set to NO, then check if the program /VIRSA/ZVFAT_LOG_REPORT is getting completed successfully in SM37 without any errors. Specifically check for any buffer memory overrun situations and dumps.

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dipanjan,

SP level is 11, which is O.K. I feel.

I am able to see the job detail log from the tool by drilling down to the FF role. So I feel the CDHDR and CDPOS are getting updated.

I will work on the Notes you have mentioned and keep you informed.

Vidyar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Varun,

thank you for the help, sorry for replying so late as I was on a go live scenario handling other stuff.

disabling the parameter to NO and letting the 2 jobs running and enabling the parameter to Yes helped and we are able to get the logs correctly.

Thanks you for your suggestion really appritiate it.

Thanks

Vidyar.