cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML idoc -> PI -> IDOC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a scenario where input IDOC is stored in input XML format (and on file)... We need to pick up the file via XI and post the IDOC in R/3 system... once the IDOC is posted, we need to send the document number back to sender system..

How do we go about doing this? i don't see a big benefit for PI in this scenario, but client is insistent that everything in their system go thru PI....

Thanks for the response

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it a scenario synchronous - Do u require to send response as soon as IDOC is created in R3 or it can be send by end of the day?

IDOC always works in Async mode......so synch scenario can not be worked in this case.

Option 1-what u can do at the end of the day u get all the posted IDOC document no and using proxy u can send in one go to target system.

Option 2- Or as soon as IDOC is posted successfully in the user exit of IDOC u call the outbound proxy method which will fetch the IDOC doc no and send that no to Target system...I am not sure which user exit u will utilized for the same u need to check..with abaper...Only u need to check user exit which should be called after ur IDOC posting is completed.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys... If I decide to go multiple Asynch interfaces or a report at the end of day to get all the IDOC numbers, how do I co-relate my IDOC number to my input document?

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As specified by Chirag u need to write a separate outbound proxy where u can get the idoc number which were posted for a particular partner and messagetype combination....using this idoc number u can query table E1Ed4 which has the actual data

u can also u the fm IDOC_READ_COMPLETELY to read the data

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member241146
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kris.

You can do this of the two ways.

1 - Many async interfaces

2 - BPM

Regads.

Bruno.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to pick up the file via XI and post the IDOC in R/3 system... once the IDOC is posted, we need to send the document number back to sender system..

IDoc is not sync, so you will have to create another interface which will come back with the document number.

i don't see a big benefit for PI in this scenario, but client is insistent that everything in their system go thru PI....

I agree with your Client.

In the IT architecture of any Organization, if there is a middleware tool, all the communications should be done through it.

Exceptions can be made - for example : Upload of SAP transactional data in another SAP / non-SAP system can be done manually or point-to-point since transactional data can go in millions and performance is hit big time.