Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving of messages not configured in SXMb_ADM

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in SXMB_ADM we forgot some interfaces to be marked as "to be archived". The online help says:

Also note that you must decide which messages should be archived before the first message has been processed, since every message has the flag To Be Archived or To Be Deleted.

When i now add the missing interfaces/namespaces, i guess the old ones are NOT archived.

Is there any way of getting rid of those messages? Cant find any hint in OSS note 872388

Or is my assumptiuon wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rainer,

Its not mandatory to archive all messages in PI. If you did not add the interfaces to the filter for archiving in SXMB_ADM those messages will have the REORG status(ITFACTION in SXMSPMAST table) DEL and will be deleted by the deletion job after retention period. this means by default all of them will have status DEL if not specified for archiving.

Later if you add those interfaces for archiving only the newly coming messages will have ITAFACTION status ARCH.

hope it clarifies.

regards,

francis

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thx for your answer,

thought i'd found the reason for the still growing clup/clur tables, i can still find messages in sxmb_moni which are older then 6 month ...

i'm gone through 872388 and cant find any reason why those old messages are still present

former_member209575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Run the report RSXMB_SHOW_REORG_STATUS and find what is the status of message in PI.

like how many messages are marked for arciving, how many are marked for deletion ect.

If the messages are marked for archiving and not getting deleted, then check whther your archival job is running properly.

RSXMB_ARCHIVE_PLAN & RSXMB_ARCHIVE_MESSAGES are arcihval job, check whther this is scheduled properly or not.

above job will only write archival messages it wont delete, you should go to transaction SARA, then should select object BX_XMB for archiving integration engine. then you should select delete button , there u can see the archived objects which are ready for deletion, you select the archivals and you can delete it.

Regards

Pradeep P N

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

arciving jobs are running properly, there are always messages written/stored/deleted. Those jobs are running every week and are deleting an amount of messages which corresponds of our weekly amount of messages, so for new messages everything looks ok.

RSXMB_SHOW_REORG_STATUS shows me 10.000.000(!) Messages to be archived and just by doing a rough calculation this is about the amount of the database which is in addition to our weekly growing/shrinkling size.

in SXMB_MONI i can see messages which are older then 6 month(!).

So i'm looking for the reason how to get rid of this old messages. Archiving/deleting jobs wont pick them up...

former_member209575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please run report RSXMB_SHOW_STATUS

(set options 'check message status' and 'check adapter status'),

some tinmes messages won't get deleted from your system because their non-final adapter status (Adapter Status:001).

In your landscape if you are using idoc scenarios, then schedule periodically the report SXMS_REFRESH_ADAPTER_STATUS in order to update the adapter status of the messages.

This job checks the status of messages that were sent to the IDoc adapter. Since the IDoc adapter does not send response messages, it is not automatically known whether a message was processed or not.

Regards

pradeep P N