cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile product- Build Vs Buy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can I get information about differentiation between a Mobile product which can be built and bought off the shelf. There are various vendors who are partners with SAP and have their products certified. Can this solution be built as per the needs? I do understand that there will be a turn around time if a solution is built rather than a built product.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I might be not clear when i said "Mobile product". We are looking for a Mobility solution to deliver CRM, MM, WM & EAM functionality. Is this something that could be accomplished by builiding or better off buying a built/certified product. With SAP buying out SYBASE there are various vendors offering Mobility solution using their platform. So how will the Mobile space work with SAP in the future. Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks

VikasLamba
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cannot directly advise you on buying or not buying certain product but I can explain the SAP-Sybase Co-Innovation platform and help you make a decision.

Sybase and SAP have jointly developed a co-innovation platform to bring the SAP business suite of applications to handlhelds. The platform includes SAP NW Mobile 7.1 and above from SAP and SUP solution from Sybase. These two products together make a platform which can be used to develop, deploy and administer an enterprise mobile landscape. With SAP acquiring Sybase the investments into the joint solution will definately increase and yield a more cohesive solution in future.

At present Sybase shipped two mobile applications, one for CRM Sales and other for ERP workflows. There are various certified vendors who have partnered with Sybase or SAP to deliver more applications on this platform. As a platform even Sybase and SAP want more and more vendors to build applications on top of this and sell as it provides a fast acceleration and delivery cycle for customers. SAP will continue to provide more applications on this platform too. Additionally, the customers can choose to develop there own applications on this platform if no custom solution exists in market.

Thereby a build vs. buy decsion is totally dependent upon availability of the application but going forward this platform will prove to be a good investment for enterprise mobility needs of SAP customers.

Regards,

Vikas Lamba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vikas,

Thanks for your reply.