cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing Negative stock in Storage type 920:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are negative stocks against storage type 920 (stock transfer - Plant to Plant) in LL01.

There were Plant to Plant transfer for which a TR was generated long back.

The stocks were stuck in storage type 920.

The TR is not open now and the TO has not been created for this.

Since TR is not open, TO is also not possible.

I feel the issue could have happened because these material do not have the stock removal strategy in the Material master.

Now I just wanted to knock off the Negative stocks.

How can I do this?

Is ther any mass cleaing transaction available so that I can clear this.

Please let me know the work around and which transaction to do this?

Thanks

Avinash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Although what is suggested by RK will work by allowing 920 to be cleared with LI21 the issue is that for every negative there must be a positive somewherw which means that if for instance you have 100 units in bin A and before you opick them you post the transfer you will have -100 in 920

If you allow the differerences to be cleared from 920 uou will get rid of your negatives BUT you will be showing 100 units in bin A that do not exist and what to do with them

You could move them to 999 and post the differences via LI21 but your historical data will be wrong for a start

You need to see where the stock Actually came from and move it from there to 920 to keep the integrity of the Inventory

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Frenchy for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Avinash ..Please close this thread if it is answered.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Avinash

You are welcome for the help

If the issue is solved and tyour question is answered could you do two things

1. Award points if you want to and

2. Mark the question as answered

This makes it easier for all of us to scroll through the questions as if the ones that are complete are removed there are less to go through

Regards

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apart from the above option, If you think there are quite a few negative stocks sitting out there in 920 and want to get rid of them.You can do the following.This may not be advisable all the time due to result of material loss from the warehouse.Just in case , your physical material stock matches the book quantity and wanted to get rid of the negetives.You can do this.

Just uncheck the flag for 920 in following config and then do LT21 to clear the stock.

Physical Inventory> Clear Differences (Interface to Inventory Management) > Do Not Allow Clearing in Storage Types

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Avinash

If the TR no longer exists there are really only two options

Edited by: Frenchy on Sep 23, 2010 6:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Avinash

If the TR no longer exists there are really only two options

1. Use transaction LT10 and move the stock from where it came from to 920 and the St Bin showing in 920

This will only work if the quantities you are moving is the total qty from that bin, LT10 only allows you to move full quantities, The advantage of LT10 is that if the Bin in 920 is the same you can move multiple lines at the same time

Ensure you tick the comfirm immediately box or you will,have to confirm the Transfer Orders you create

If the quantities you want to use are not the total in the bin you will have to use LT01 with movement 999 and you can only move one at a time

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Edited by: Frenchy on Sep 23, 2010 6:36 PM