cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in currency between customer order and accounting document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

While I am cretaing customer order SAP calculates currency from Exchange Rate="B" at OB08 screen. This situation results because of Currency type in customer master data. But in the accounting document SAP calculates currency from Exchange Rate="M" at OB08 screen. As a result; this is causes problems.

I want SAP to calculate currency which is entered in customer master data. It might be M,B etc.. According to the CUSTOMER.

How can I fix this issue?

Thnks regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a complicated scenario.

There are 3 currencies involved in any transaction

Document currency (from customer master)

Condition type currency (from condition record)

Local currency (Currency of company code )

During account posting in FI, the document currency will be converted into local currency and posting in local currency will be made. Also there is a posting in document currency also. For the conversion between document currency and local currency, by default M is used. For other exchange rate types, it should be enabled by means of user exits in sales order or invoice. The exchange rate which is available in invoice for this conversion (doc currency to local currency) is copied to acctg documnent. It is not freshly calculated in accounting document.

Conversion from customer currency to document currency happens either through M or through the customer master exrate type.

Now you decide how you want to handle the scenario. Customer currency to document currency can be done as per the customer master you maintain. But if you want to convert document currency to local currency (provided customer currency and doc currency are same), then only M will be used in standard.

If you are in a scenario where all the 3 currencies are different, then the way by which the system calculates the exchange rate is through an indirect triangulation process, which is little complex. In this case, it will use only one exchange rate type. Hence this scenario in your case will have problem. If you test all these scenarios, you will come to know.

We faced this problem an year ago and then finally realised that it is not possible to use two xng rate type in one SD cycle. This is because the exchange rate type is stored in VBAK, VBRK and so on and hence it is not possible to use two xnge rates or the rate maintained in customer master throughout the cycle. The sales transaction is controlled by Cust master and FI transactions are controlled by M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friend,

you said:

Now you decide how you want to handle the scenario. Customer currency to document currency can be done as per the customer master you maintain.

Even I maintain customer master exchange rate=B

SYSTEM CALCULATES CURRENCY FROM M in the accounting accounting document. Not B.

Please let me know how to fix this issue???

Former Member
0 Kudos

hei,

basically exchange rate type in accounting document is determined based on configuration in FI module.

normally 1 accounting doc type use 1 exchange rate type (not based on cust master)

may be you can find user exit for that.

but if you want to maintain exchange rate type B in accounting document, go to Tcode OBA7, choose accounting doc type RV, and change "Ex.rate type for forgn crnc/docs" into B.

hopefully it helps you,

Best Regard

Hendry

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably exchange rate type might be 'M' with global company code settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any other suggestion?