cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecasting in SAP BI ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Recently there has been talk that forecasting (DP job) can be done in SAP BI ? It can do all univariate models and they say there are additional benefits. So Is anyone aware on this subject and can this replace APO DP module ?

Can anyone give me some points of distinction on this ?

Thanks

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing the thread. Thanks for the info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I do not have experiance for using BI to replace APO-DP, but we implemented BI-IP to replace APO-SNP ! Planning workbook were taken by Excel, SNP MRP taken by ABAP program, Order from APO to ECC(BI to ECC) taken by interface program. That means, BI-IP can be used to build a very complex planning system(manual planning function, no CTM or optimizer).

BUT the disadvantage is, everything to be created from scrap and fully user customized, maintenance cost could be high, in case of business module change.

BR

Gavin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please find below the more information regarding Business Intelligence Integrated Planning in SAP

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0bc8ea5-031d-2a10-d0a7-e9ee996f5...

I think this will help you to understand it

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello TAD,

Thanks for the dco. But that doc. never described on the forecasting/ DP activites in BI. It was only about BEX application and related things. So I didnt find any info if the Planning in BI can replace APO DP ?

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

BPC applciation which sits on SAP BW has capabilites to do financial planning.

Strategic planning is another process in Financial Analytics.

However quantity forecasting is recommended in APO DP and to some extent can be done in SAP ECC.

APO DP has powerful functionlities for generation and processing forecasts.

Regards

Datta