cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material CIF to APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a material '000454248000' in ECC and we want to CIF this to APO

Once CIFed the initial zeros disappear and the product in APO looks like : 454248000

WIth IMG 'Specify Output Format for Product Number' and once ticked with 'Leading Zeros' it shows material with 40 Characters and looks like : 00000000000000045248000

How can I ensure the exactly the material is transferred as same as ECC ie only with three inital zeros in APO?

In APO it should be seen as same as ECC

Regards,

Bhavesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

There is a setting in SPRO>>Advanced Planning and Optimization>>Mast. Data>>Product>>Specify Output Format of Product Number.

Check: what's the current setting in your system.

- Product Number Length

- Leading Zeroes

- Lexicographical

If you want to see the leading zeroes for a product in APO, you need to first match the ECC material length to APO. Then select the leading zeroes and uncheck the lexicographical.

I think your current system has a mismatch with the material length (ECC) and Product length (APO). If in your current system the lexicographical is checked, then you need to uncheck this option.

Let me know if this solution is useful.

Regards

Sharath

Edited by: KRN on Oct 6, 2010 11:32 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

Do not forget to check teh settings in R/3, the lexicographic setting will be done in spro>logistics-general>

material master>basic settings>define output format of material numbers.

In APO, it is done at spro>APO>Master data>Product>specify output format

of product numbers.

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Please confirm

Reagrds

Rahul Chitte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Go to SPRO>>Advanced Planning and Optimization>>Mast. Data>>Product>>Specify Output Format of Product Number.

Change the Product Number Length to 18 ,checked only Lexicographical and remove any other check.

This should resolve your issue.

regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the proposed Solution. It works now.

Regards,

Bhavesh