Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO with CAS (central authentication service) and webgui SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

A customer asked us to perform a SSO between CAS (Central Authentication Service) and webgui of his SAP ECC 6.0 (ABAP ONLY) .

We do not have AS JAVA and do not want to implement it.

The CAS has java classes the can be used to develop something for the integration.

I know that sap for this feature accept only SAP LOGON TICKET. Someone of you developed something similar?

Regards

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am not sure, however i think SAP LOGON TICKET was supported only till 6.10

regards,

Surpreet

0 Kudos

Hi Supreet,

SAP Logon Tickets, also known as MYSAPSSO2, are still supported and will also be supported in future.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

we cannot to implement Netweaver 7.02 because is out of this project.

Would you suggest me another solution ?

thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

without any NetWeaver AS Java system or NetWeaver 7.02 ABAP, I do not see any standard way to achieve this.

Sorry to tell you that.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

the customers changed idea and now asked me to implement authentication with Red Hat Directory Server.

I tried to find some note for the certified partner and found oss note 983808.

In this note this product is not listed.

Do you have or someone else has experience with this kind of integration?

best regard

Edited by: Bruno Astorino on Sep 29, 2010 9:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

SAP Logon Tickets can only be issued by SAP systems. SAP published the SAPSSOEXT library in order to verify SAP Logon Tickets.

SAML 2 would be definitly the way to go for you, you can use CAS as SAML2 Identity Provider and the ABAP system as Service Provider. However, the SAML 2 Service Provider functionality will be supported by NetWeaver 7.02. Having that you would not need to implement something, it is just configuration.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

ths for all the clarifications