SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fund center derivation based on functional location cost center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can anybody share the process to derive fund center based on cost center assigned to functional location/equipment of a plant maintenance order

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use FMDT_READ_MD_ORDER function module in your derivation rule. That's in order to read master data of the porder, if I understood you correctly. If you want to base your strategy on functional location, what is the scenario exactly? You don't post anything on FL itself; it always passes through CO object.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use FMDT_READ_MD_ORDER function module in your derivation rule. That's in order to read master data of the porder, if I understood you correctly. If you want to base your strategy on functional location, what is the scenario exactly? You don't post anything on FL itself; it always passes through CO object.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your response.

Scenario is as follows:

Cost is booked to PM order & settles to cost centers. I don't have budget at PM order level. But will have budget in fund management for cost center. So whenever I book cost to PM order it should check budget available in fund center. Fund center should be derived from cost center assigned to functional location of PM Order

I have not used function module before for derivation. I have created a derivation rule based on functional module but there is no place to assign fund center in derivation rule. Please explain the process to derived fund center through PM order in above scenario.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli.....problem resolved.

In derivation rule, when i provide target field as 'cost center' to Technical Field 'KOSTL - Cost center for basic settlement', system automatically derives cost center from PM order. Then fund center based on cost center.

Regards

Manish