cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous check printing using T code F-58

0 Kudos

Hi

Scenario:

I am using T code F-58 to trigger cheques. I have made a Z* of the standard script F110_PRENUM_CHCK as I just require the Payee name, date, amount in digits and amount in words to be printed on the cheque.I am using the continuous stationary for the cheque and the cheque is from PNB. I am using EPSON LQ-300+II DOT Matrix printer.

The cheque dimensions are ; Height: 9.3CM and Width:20.7CM excluding the dots on either side. I have created a page format with the same dimensions and assigned to the EPSON Printer. Also I have created an Output type name "Cheque" with the tray Info as INCH8.

Issues:

1) The first cheque is to be fed in manually and is printing properly except the date(Issue 2). After the printing of the first cheque is complete, the printer pushes out the first cheque and along with it, the second cheque and half of the third cheque is also thrown out. This is a big problem as i have to implement contiuous cheque printing. Please suggest.

2) The date should occupy the top right corner of the cheque. I have made a window for the date and placed it at the top of the cheque window with Upper MArgin as 0.0. The lateral position of the date is OK but for the vertical positioning, After numerous adjustments also the date gets printed on the cheque 9mm down than the level it should get printed. This is indicative that the basic cheque window on which the date is also placed is getting printed 9mm from the cheque's top margin. How can this gap be minimized.

Regards

SIM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi smriti,

can you please tell me how to print the date in proper column filed of date in cheque

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

in script use preform statment to print date in eachbox in cheque.

Thanks

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SIM,

So you are printing via windows. Did you add this new page format to the devoice type SAPWIN in transaction SPAD? Or to a copy of SAPWIN? e.g. ZSAPWIN

With custom page formats and SAPWIN, there is no command sent to the printer to set the page size. There are some command sin SAP Note 21738 where you can set the page size in the printer intiialization of your format in ZSAPWIN.

Otherwise the default windows page size is always used. If there is no command to fit your page size, you can create the custom

page size at windows level and set it as the default for the windows printer used. This procedure is described in SAP note 163136.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i already created a zpage  at windows level and set it as the default for the windows printer used. according to the procedure described in SAP note 163136. i m using  Sap script page format to " LINE_21", bocz while i use my zpage format in script all the text are coming in one line with some other text like

(0,0.0 vendor name iat10757.8071,,arial) all output in same line. the device type i use is sapwin,prinert is EPESCP. my check size is hight 3.7inc  .while using  LINE_21 the 1st check is print correct but from second its not print properly.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Sam

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You also need to send a command to the printer to tell it the page length of your custom page format. For device type EPESCP9, in the printer initialization for format DINA4, you see an entry like below:

SPAD -> Full Admin -> Device Types -> EPESCP9 -> Formats -> DINA4-> Printer Initialization

1. set page length to DINA4 (=70 lines at 6 LPI)

\e\0x43\0x46

In you custom page format Zxxxx, try a adding the command below:

SPAD -> Full Admin -> Device Types -> e.g. EPESCP9 -> Formats -> Zxxxx -> Printer Initialization

1. set page length to 3.8 inch (=23 lines at 6 LPI)

\e\0x43\0x17

Regards,

Aidan

0 Kudos

Hi Aidan

Thanks for responding. The issue is when I created a Z**** page format and assigned it an an output type to issue a print, The system trifggers an error message saying that SAPWIN does not support Z*****. How can this be handled, please suggest if you have any idea.

Regards

SIM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SIM,

Issue 1:

Have you assigned your new page format to your script copy? - See the basic settings on the SAP scripts.

If you still have DINA4 as page format, it could explain why your page break get so "big".

Warning - if you change pageformat - it will affect all other page settings in this SAP script.

Regards

Åsa Thenstedt

0 Kudos

Hi Asa

I have changed the Sap script page format to " LINE_21", a standard page format available in the system (Table: TSP08). This format has a width of 12inches and height of 3.5 inches. The height is pretty close to the cheque format I am using. my cheque has a height of 3.66inches. But still that seems to be nt working. Can u suggest somethin else .