cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends our scenario is during PGI of a multilevel BOM item the parent material is issued out of stock (601/641). The accounting documents are generated correctly for the COGS of the parent material and inventory stock.

IS IT POSSIBLE through Business Transaction Event or some BAPI without changing the above scenario to do accounting on COGS of the component material rather than the parent material. (Cannot issue the components as they have already been consumed inthe production). This is a business requirement.

Regards,

Udaynath.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While the other friend Mr.Reazuddin has already proposed a suggestion, I feel, it is in VTFL (Delivery to Billing) and not in VTLA.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Per your thread,

My understanding is, you want to post all the component cost into COGS account instead of Parent material cost. If yes,

SAP has given solution for this,

In Copy control of Sales - Delivery , you will find "Update Cost". tick this field . The purpose is same as you are looking for.

if you mark this check, then all the components costs cumulates & posts into COGS instead of Parent item.

Hope it solves

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As said by friend,

I will re-check in System & confirm. As am away from system right now.

But i confirm that the field *update cost: purpose is same as i said in my above post.

@ Lakshmipathi- thanks for correction.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just now I checked in System,

that field " Cumulate Cost" is available in Copy Control:Delivery - Billing @ item level.

Find the SAP help info about this field:-

Cumulate cost

This field is used in the main item to control whether the cost value (usually condition type VPRS) is to be copied from the relevant sub-items. The following cases are taken into account:

Free of charge sub-items (free goods)

Batch split items

Bill of material components

This function is needed especially if the sub-items involved are not relevant for billing. In this case the costs of these sub-items do not appear in CO-PA or the statistics.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reazuddin and Lakshmipati,

Thanks for your prompt replies in detail. I think I have not been able to put down my requirement correctly. The requirement is the accounting document generated during transaction VL02n i.e before the billing doucment is raised. Yes, its more related to MM and the accounting document at present is done for the parent material which is moved out. But the requirement is even though its the parent material is being issued out the client requires the cost of the components which is not physically being moved out to be updated. Is it possible to achieve this.

Regards,

Udaynath.