cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Smartform Bar Code Label with Datamax DPL Printer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Smartform Bar Code Label prints to our locl laser printer, but not to the Datamax DPL Printer. Note 490295 refers to a SAP Script solution, but that's a last resort...

The error I get is 'Device type ASCIIB1 doesnot support page format LABEL'

Is it at all possible to print Smartforms Bar Codes to Datamax DPL printers? Or is this outdated hardware?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no dedicated device type for Datamax label printers as they use their own dedicated printer language. The only label printer with a specific device type is Zebra.(see notes 750002 and 750772)

As per Note 490295, there is a workaround to create the label in the third party applcation like bartender and use sapscript and a ASCII type device type like LB_DMX.

The only other possiblity is to print via windows and a windows device type like SAPWIN which will utilize the windows printer driver. In this case, for the barocdes, you will need to use a barcode dll as described in note 14561.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Aidan!

You confirm what we suspected. Our hardware is probably in the region of 15 years old as-is. And as far as I can remember Smartforms generate a bar code as a bitmap/image and I don't know if the DATAMAX can render that? So we'll continue with your suggested SAP Script workaround in note 490295.

Best regards, Adrian

Answers (0)