cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass variant changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

Is there any way to make the mass changes in the variants created for standard as well as z reports. I had created variant for all periods of 2009 year. Now i want to create variant for 2010 year but in one go (by making mass changes). Pls let me know how can i do that.

Thanks in advance.

Deepak Mehmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Creating variants of reports in mass is not possible. You only have to go manually and maintain the variants for each program/job etc.

But I have one question. Why do you want to change the variant every year. If year is the only variable which changes everytime (other variables are fixed anyway), you can always create dynamic variants for the jobs once for all, and it will take care of the year by itself.

When you save the variant you can see the column Selection variable and Name of the variable for the specific field and you can maintain your values there. Once done, it will automatically take care of the year.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Krishan

Thanks for the help. Actaully i am creating variants for J1I5. and i am performing updation monthly basis for various classifications and registers.now i want to perform updation for next month and for that i have to make changes one by one for the newer posting dates for all registers and classifications.