cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing related

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai SD Gurus,

My product is OIL, where price will vary for everyday.

How can i configure this kind of pricing in SD.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

as the price of the oil product changes every day I would propose to move in this direction:

Proposal:

as soon as the new oil price in known, generate a file (if you cannot get it by external source) that contains all the price variances, load this file in the system automatically in order to update the selling price before that operation starts.

Based on the business structure you have in place I would apply one of the two decisions about open orders:

1. as soon as the new pricing file is loaded, re-price all open orders in order to fetch and see applied the prices variances

2. even if the new pricing file is loaded, do not re-price open orders; in this case old open orders will keep the old price; new price will be applied only for new orders.

Scenario *) Pricing maintained at material number level

I assume that in this case you would have:

a. new price of the oil provided in the morning

b. quite long list of material's prices to update

c. long list of pricing condition to maintain

Scenario **) Pricing maintained at material characteristic level (e.g.: product category or EMG = OIL (generic value))

I assume that in this case you would have:

a. new price of the oil provided in the morning

b. quite short list of condition to update

Even if in the second scenario there would be less entries to create and maintain, I would prefer to move always for an automatic integration of external data.

I experienced this type of scenario; even if it was not related to pricing, it was related to daily stock and weight variances based on a production planning.

I hope you may find helpful this experience.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SD,while creating the material master in mm01 in the accounting-1 tab page we have a field called price control there we have two controls one is 'V' and the other is 'S'.

Here V stands for moving price and S standard price.There you can control the pricing.This is how we control the pricing in SD but in OIL,try if this works.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
There you can control the pricing

By maintaining Standard Price or Moving Average Price in material master, can you please let me know how you can control the pricing ???

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I have only told him a scenario in SD,if it is wrong i request you to kindly correct me.

Regards,

Ramesh babu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

For the products with regular price variance;

1) Get the price from a third party tool, or

2) Enter price condition manually

Regards

Chandrasekhar