Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial number in delivery not coming automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all ,

Please guide me on this

We are having serial number management in our client, and we have decided for the FG the serial number will be maintained by the PP while doing confirmation, and this is make to order senario so when i put a sales order for a FG material based on that the pp will confirm the goods and add a serial number to it and will put it in the stock i.e " sales order stock"

now my problem is when i creating delivery what is the procedure to get the serial number which is assigned by the pp person . if i go to item select extras and go to serial number i am not getting the serial number which is assigned to the FG material automatically i have to click the " select serial number" in the dialog box and then have to go and select the required serial numbers from there .

I wanted to have the serial number to come automatically i.e if i click the item and extras and serial number the serial number assigned to that FG material should come defult

Is there any settings to be maintained so that it comes

*and let say i am getting the serial number but after adopting in the delivery and save it where will i can see the serial number in the delivery , and which table i can see it ? so that i can fetch it and show it in the smart forms which we need to create as an annexure which will have a list of serial numbers *

please give me some input on it

Edited by: k.kumi on Sep 23, 2010 7:48 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks allen

i followed the way u told me

thanks for your inputs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

do I understand correctly that when doing a production order confirmation serial numbers are created for the produced product?

When creating a delivery, do you create a sales order first on which you refer to with your delivery?

If not, then it is clear, that you have to add the serial numbers in your delivery manually.

This goes for sales orders as well, as PP only creates the serial numbers as equipments (view using IQ03) in stock. In your sales documents (sales order or delivery) you need to declare which serial numbers are actually being processed by the sales process (been taken from stock).

If you refer to a sales order by your delivery any assigned serial numbers will be handed over to the delivery and also the material movement documents, if applicable.

The tables affected are:

OBJK

SER01 (delivery)

SER02 (sales order)

SERnn (more documents)

Go to SER01 to read single LIEF_NR = VBELN and item (POSNR) and then read OBJK with OBKNR and TASER = 'SERnn' to get the serial numbers. The master data you will find in EQUI (key EQUNR or SERNR/MATNR) and stock information in EQBS.

btw.: what is FG?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi , thanks for your reply,

While doing production confirmation the serial number will be given for the main FG and when the delivery done is based on the sales order when click menu bar extras tab and click on serial number the serial number for FG will come over there.

but the problem is the FG's serial number are not coming as default over there , should go to the menu and have to select for it

solution need for what is the process to get the serial number over there, and then how to see the serial number after we assign it over there in the delivery .

becasue even when i assign the serial number over there and saving it i am not able to see the serial number attached to the delivery in the screen.

waiting for your reply