cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFID Architecture

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anybody send me some documents about the technical architecture of RFID systm with SAP . And how A RFID

system works with SAP R/3.

My mail id:-

vikas.vishnoi@vikalpsolutions.com

vikas_vishnoi_inset@indiatimes.com

Thanks in advance.

ViKaS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Actually there are various implementations of interfacing RFID System with SAP.

<b>1.You can interface the RFID system with SAP AII with XI as the middleware. SAP AII is in Ramp-up stage.

2.You can interface the RFID system with SAP R/3 without using SAP AII but can use XI as the middleware.

3.You can also interface the RFID system with SAP R/3 without using both SAP AII and XI AND using only R/3.

I am working on the second implmentation and soon publishing a technical paper on that scenario in sdn</b>.

I am sending you the documents regarding the first scenario should help you.

Thanks & Regards,

Pawan Khilari

*Reward Points if the solution was useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey its really intresting here; please do send me doc on aashish.chatterjee@gmail.com

Would be needing you help

Thank You

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you send me the same doc.

Thank You

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I am sorry for replying late.

Actually i was actually royally busy with something.

I have cleared my views in my previous reply to Arul.

I am sending you the doc which i sent previously.

And let me know if you are looking for something specific.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in the process of integrating RFID with R/3. But curently we do not have XI. Is XI a must in this scenario? Without XI, what would be the different interfacing options available for RFID-R/3?

Thanks,

Teresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

My understanding on this is that XI contains all the message type and process flow templates. so without XI, you will have to rebuild all of this in AII and SAP R/3. Rebuilding may cost heavily on time and money depend on scope.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI PAWAN,

I READ UR REPLY TO ONE OF THE QUESTIONS REGARDING RFID. YOU SAID YOU HAVE SOME DOCUMENT WHICH EXPLAINS ABOUT RFID INTEGRATION WITH SAP USING SAP XI AND SAP AII .

CUD U PLZZ SEND IT TO ME

RAVIA@KPITCUMMINS.COM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

If I go with option 1, can it can be done with one PC? Do I need RFID reader and tag also? I want to know how it work and play around as a beginner.

Regards,

Rajib

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pawan,

can you please send me the documentation regarding impementing RFID without using AII???

email addr: hanoz_007@rediffmail.com

hanoz.tarapore@lntinfotech.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

I do not have CDs or DVDs for software to install. Is it sufficient to use "Sneak Preview SAP NetWeaver 2004 and 2004s - Full Java Edition with Content Management and Collaboration" from SDN download site for SAP AII application development and deal with Slip & Slap RFID deployement practice.

I will be appricate your help.

Regards,

Reed

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I too would be very interested in receiving a copy of this documentation. Could you please email it to me at corystevens@yahoo.com?

Thank you,

Cory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can you please mail the doc's for all scenarios where XI and AII acts as a middle ware and where both are not used RFID---> R/3.

Your help would be appreciated

Please mail at santosh_kharje@rediffmail.com

Thanks

Regards

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,everybody! This is a interesting place!

Can anybody give me some documents about the architecture of integration between RFID Middleware and Enterprise Applications.

my e-mail: augsev@163.com

Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can somebody send me documents integration of RFID system with SAP R/3. I wanted to know how the integration of two systems works.

My mail id:-

parag.dani@gmail.com

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm currently preparing for the RFID certification test using SAP XI.

My scenerio is similar to Pawan Khilari.. which using SAP XI only BUT I've wrote a Java Interface middleware to communicate with the RFID device/reader and SAP XI.

Tag --> Controller --> Java >(XML SOAP)> XI --> (BAPI&RFC) --> SAP R/3

<b>NOTE:</b> Actually there is a way without using SAP XI / SAP AII. Used the SAP JCo (Java Connector Object) call the BAPI/RFC to the SAP R/3.

I was stuck at downloading / start the XI Repository at ICC site now. (If anybody have the latest jar files pls send to herries_e@yahoo.com)

If anybody have experince in Handling Unit & WMS pls share with me..

Thank you & regards,

Herries E

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check this SDN media

URL:https://media.sdn.sap.com/SDNTV/main.asp?mediaId=114

This presentation gives better understanding for RFID Implementation pipeline Architecture.

Thanking you

Boopathi Thangavel

boopathit@gmail.com

aidan_mulcahy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

looks like I will be starting an RFID project soon and from what I am reading I wont have XI or AII available to me.

1. Any suggestions for the best way forward? Based on this thread, it is Idocs.

2. I have searched but cannot find anything on developing RF screens - anyone have a link?

3. Also, I would like to see some docs explaining how RFID and Idocs work together.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey please do send me doc on srinivasraovs@gmail.com I Would be needing you help

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vikas,

1. AII acts as the higher level RFID middleware...i mean it converts the raw data (ammount of tags read) into some bussiness info ( delivery despatched, inbound order received & like wise)...

2. This bussiness information is sent to XI.

3. XI inturn sends this information as IDOC to any other R/3 system.

Thus the system architecture is some what like this.

SAP R/3 --- XI --- AII --- RFID Device(controller).

i am not all that aware about what pawan is talking about. pawan please send some info. regarding what you r talking about to arulsekarp@gmail.com

regards,

arul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arul,

What i am saying is that we can implement various RFID applications and connect them with SAP according to the business requirement even without using SAP -AII.

For this we have to use XI as the middleware and what is the basic requirement is that we require the RFID Implementation to give us the data in the xml format and then using XI We can connect it to SAP R/3 using either an IDOC or RFC.

I am in the process of implementing this idea and will send you the document as soon as iam done with it.

Actually iam in the process of understanding what all advantages and benfits AII has and what is the complete package.If you could send me some document regarding this it would be helpful.My email-id pawan.khilari@wipro.com.

Thanks ,

pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

I am interested to know more about the RFID integration with SAP and its architecture.

Appreciate if you can send me the documents to my email address:

thianst@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Tom