cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 6.0 installation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am installing ECC 6.0 on windows 2003 server.

I have mapped network drive for SAP dump. While import ABAP phase installation stopped. In log file it is showing message like u201Cimport directory does not existu201D.

I have checked the Map drive connection, it is accessible. After confirmation i have started installation again at the same phase installation stopped.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Copy and past the exact error. I think "import directory does not exist" with the directory name too. Make sure that there are no space in the path.

Rgds,

JP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First thing First .

Never USE NFS Mount or NETWORK Mapped drives during Installation.

It delays the Installation + causes Traffic on Network.

Now to question . It seems you are facing an error in the Import ABAP Phase . Please let us know the last 100 entries of the "sapinst.log" .

Regards,

Ashish .A. Poojary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the permission. Is everybody have the full permission or not.

I also faced the same problem in windows platform after then i has to dump it in local disk.

Regards

Mrinal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mrinal,

Thanks for your replay.

I have given for Everyone full control access.

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this issue happening continously. Might be since this is a mapped drive over network due to some network issue or packet drop it might have caused this error or due to network load. Also, make sure that the folder names in which dump is palced does not have any space or larger names.

Best way I would suggest and as per the standard process is copy the dump to local disk and continue with the installation. Its not recommended to do so from network drive as it will give this type of issues.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i was also unsuccessfull & then i copied it locally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please also check the contents in *.CMD file created in your installation directory

Regards

Mrinal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mrinal,

I have checked the STRDBSJ2EE.CMD file. But i could not get any clue from this file.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Can you please paste the contents of BALDAT.CMD file