cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

st05 sql trace always shows "file end of performance trace file detected"

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an issue with tcode ST05. I've been using it to trace the sql statements for months but now it keeps showing "file end of performance trace file detected -> see long text" when i try to display trace..It occurs in my DEV server, but it's working fine on the QA and PROD

what should I do to get rid of this problem?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you aware that ST05 is host aware ? You have to launch ST05 on the physical host (app server) where the program to monitor is running.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

yes I know that st05 have to be started on the apps server. I start on the apps server (DEV) that is separated with the database server..

one thing that makes me confuse is that the problem only happens on 1 server. Other server (QA & PROD) can run the sql trace completely. Database for the QA and PROD is separated from the apps server too..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Macienne,

Check the file system. If it is full that couid be the reason for the trace file not to be generated...

Personnally I've never had issues with ST05 on many different systems.

Regards,

Olivier

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ST05 trace creates a file called TRACE (uppercase) in the /usr/sap/<SID>/<instance>/work directory of the instance where it runs... check the filesystem for the existance of the file and check theres enough space available.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if you are getting this problem after loggin off and on. Also, check if its happening in one machine or all machines i.e., I mean to check if there's any problem with SAP GUI. Similarly check with different login IDs also.

Finally if it remains same, then try to restart the server once and see.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sharath,

Thanks for the advice. I've tried on all the machine, but it only happens on 1 machine. Logging off and on doesn't help at all.

I think it's almost impossible to restart the server because it's a live server and only restarted at the end of the year. I tried to restart the sap application but sql trace still doesn't work

I've found many other thread that reporting the same problem but there's no explanation about how the problem solved

Anybody can help me to solve this problem?

Thanks