cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM- Pucchase Order and Contract (backend) Tolerance failures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using SRM 7 Extended classic scenario with ECC 6.0. Tolerances have been set up in ECC and SRM.

The Contract is raised in the backend and replicated into SRM.

In SRM, both PPOMA and Vendor groups have been assigned the correct TOG.

Raising a Shopping Cart that exceeds the Contract Target value, but it within the Tolerance, works fine. However, once the Shopping Cart is approved, the back end PO creation fails, leaving the SC status as Saved. A review of SLG1 says that the PO exceeded the Contract value and displays errors for both Quantity and Target Value.

Any ideas on where to investigate appreciated.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

what is the Toatal value of COntract in ECC system and what is the fund available in ECC

what is the PO value ( price in the contract ).

Definetly if the PO value is more than contract available fund. you will get an error .

Muthu

--

Tolerances are not applicable to create a PO .

what TOG you maintained. - explain in detail

---

TOG - Tolerance group

Example value: CONF

Defines the tolerance group. Using this attribute, you define for a user group which tolerance checks are used when quantity or value tolerances for deliveries or invoices are exceeded.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu

If I create a PO in the backend then it works within my defined tolerances. When I create a PO via SRM Shop Cart, teh shopping cart is ok but when it gets approved, the SRM PI is created but the backend PO is NOT created - and the SC status is set to Saved in the Follow On Documents for the Purchase Order. Seems that tolerances are being ignored.

'TOG' is the Tolerance Group - needs to be assigned to Vendor group and HR Org Structure (PPOMA) in SRM

Gerry.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Muthu

>

> If I create a PO in the backend then it works within my defined tolerances. When I create a PO via SRM Shop Cart, teh shopping cart is ok but when it gets approved, the SRM PI is created but the backend PO is NOT created - and the SC status is set to Saved in the Follow On Documents for the Purchase Order. Seems that tolerances are being ignored.

>

> 'TOG' is the Tolerance Group - needs to be assigned to Vendor group and HR Org Structure (PPOMA) in SRM

>

> Gerry.

Hi Gerry

give more precise data about TOG you given in org structure

so you will get more suggestions from other people. it is power of SDN

--

created PO successfully in ECC via ECC request

no PO created successfully in ECC via SRM request

give more data on sc /pr /contract data ( quantity or value contract) for better understanding

Muthu

I'm having similar problems btu with repsect to SRM PO's against Contracts raised in the backend (replicated into SRM)

Our infrastructure -s SRM 7 Extended Classis Scenario and ECC 6.

I have tolerances setup in ECC and SRM and the TOG has been assigned in SRM Vendor Groups and in the HR Org Structure (PPOMA).

Tolerance are 5% up to $100.00

If I raise a Contract in ECC, and a PO (MM) in ECC, then the PO will work if I stay within the allowed tolerances.

When I raise a PO in SRM, the Shopping Cart is processed OK, but when the SC is approved, the backend PO is not created.

In the Shopping cart in Related Documents for document Purchase Order, the Satus is set to Saved. A review of SLG1 indicates error due to exceeding the quantity and the Target value.

Why are tolerances not being taken into consideration? How do I get this to work?

Gerry

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks jay

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I raise a PO in SRM, the Shopping Cart is processed OK, but when the SC is approved, the backend PO is not created.

What is the status of your SRM PO in this case? "Ordered" or "Error in process"?

In the Shopping cart in Related Documents for document Purchase Order, the Satus is set to Saved. A review of SLG1 indicates error due to exceeding the quantity and the Target value.

What is the exact error, e.g. which document exceeds the quantity and target value of which document

In SRM, tolerance is not considered for PO but for confirmation and invoice as far as I know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys.

When the Shopping cart is approved, which is the point in time we create the PO, the error occurs, stating that the PO value exceeds the Contract value, with respect to both Quantity and Target value. The backend PO is not created, and the status in the Shopping Cart Related Documents for the Purchase Order is 'Saved'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Display the SRM (saved) PO and click on "Check" button. Write down the exact error message(s). This would help me investigate further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jay.

The 'Check' button is not available in the area yu are referring to.

In SLG1, the errors are

Contract cant be used; target value 3.000,00 AUD of contract exceeded by 90.00 AUD

Message no. BBP_PD560

and

Target quantity 3.000,00 EA of contract item exceeded by 90.00 EA

Message no. BBP_PD562

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assume that you have CCTR contract and utilising both side SRM as well as ECC.

what is the total value of contract in ECC / SRM and what is total value of PO and what is the remaining fund available in the contract?

Is it Value contract or Quantity contract

Note 1337672 - Contract Expired error in PO

any above symptoms notes

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you are getting is the complaint that the PO's quantity and value are outside of the boundaries of relevant contract's "Minimum Order Quantity" and "Target Quantity", "Minimum Order Value" and "Target Value". This check is hard wired and does NOT take tolerance setting/value into consideration. (Again, tolerance is only relevant to Confirmation and Invoice in SRM.) You would have to change the PO's quantity and value (by lowering them) in order to get the PO ordered and replicated to ECC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks jay - I was hoping that was not gonig to be the situation as we want to allow tolerances to EXCEED the Contract by 5% or 100.00.

Any idea how to get around the 'hard-wiring'.

Point will be awarded.

Gerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

You probably do not want to "short-circuit" the standard behavior because they are there for a good reason. What I would do is the following:

1) If your PO has to have such quantity and value, modify your contract. Contract, which is legally binding, is there to put a constraint on PO.

2) If you must have the PO and Contract as such and determine to overlook such errors like 560 and 562, you could go through message control (in IMG) to switch the error into warning. But again, I wouldn't recommend this.

Answers (0)