Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager slow

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

My Solution Manager system is very slow. I am running Solution Manager 7.01 (EHP1 SP04) on Solaris 10 with Oracle 11.2.0.1. It is running in a T2000 Solaris box with 32 GB of RAM. This box hosts two other PI 7.0 systems as well, that are not busy at all.

I do not have swapping in st02, all buffer hit ratios are over 99% and st04/st06 data look good as well

However, SMSY for example takes 4-5 seconds to run and many queries in workcenters (webdynpro for abap programs) take even more , 10-12 seconds

Is there any documentation on what to look for in a Solution Manager system? The usual tuning methods haven't worked for me

Also, how do you I tune the database? Do I put parameter values for OLTP or OLAP? I am asking because as part of the Solution Manager Diagnostics, I had to configure a BW client as well.

Many thanks

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> My Solution Manager system is very slow. I am running Solution Manager 7.01 (EHP1 SP04) on Solaris 10 with Oracle 11.2.0.1. It is running in a T2000 Solaris box with 32 GB of RAM. This box hosts two other PI 7.0 systems as well, that are not busy at all.

>

The T-Server series is the worst choice for a SAP system. Those CPUs have lots of threads but this comes only into play when you have multithreaded applications (like Java). Since ABAP is single threaded and can't leverage the CPU power you will factually be even slower than a 5 year older classical SPARC v9 CPU.

This is a known "issue" and there's not really much you can do about it.

This was discussed before in the following threads:

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Did you check notes 1171650 and 830576? They will help you to tune the database.

There is also the central Solution Manager note 1405878. Have you applied it?

Regards,

Daniel.

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas

Follow note 1171650. This note has SQL script that will show the parameters of oracle that must be set.

The script will generate a report showing the parameters set and the correct values.

Two notes with general recommendations/instructions of Oracle 11.

Number 1398634

Short text Oracle database 11g: Integration in SAP environment

1431800 Oracle 11.2.0: Central Technical Note