cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Integration with e-Commerce Solution Venda

0 Kudos

To all you gurus out there

My client is implementing the e-commerce solution Venda to process Credit Card Sales.

In all the posts and information I have read, there is a) integration required between the e-commerce solution

Q1 - Is the integration between e Commerce to ERP SD?

Q2 - The integration will create a Sales Order in SD with Credit Card Processing information? I will need to configure the Credit Card Processing in ERP?

Q3 - My client wants to collect the credit card payment from the Customer at the time of order placement and not at time of delivery. This creates the problem of how the pre-payment posting is created at time of Sales Order create.

Has anyone encountered this requirement and how was this resolved?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lauren

I don't have experience with Venda, but I have worked on SAP CRM internet sales and home grown E commerce solutions, hence feel qualified to answer you.

Q1 - Is the integration between e Commerce to ERP SD?

Ans: Yes. Because orders created in the E commerce stores pass to ERP via Middleware and hence both ERP and Ecommerce should have common master data ( customers, Materials, Pricing) and configuration, esp. Pricing procedures, partner functions, Availability/credit checks should be similar,

Q2 - The integration will create a Sales Order in SD with Credit Card Processing information? I will need to configure the Credit Card Processing in ERP?

Ans: Customers will create orders on your E-commerce site (Stores). You can capture and validate the credit card and get authorization from clearing center etc. on the web itself. Alternately you may just collect the credit card info from the customer and pass it along with the order to SAP where it will get validated/authorized. However the order will come over to ERP with credit card info and get fulfilled there. So you need to configure ERP for credit card processing. Especially here: SPRO/IMG/Sales and Distribution/Billing/Payment Cards and also in credit and Riskmanagement (Forms Of Payment Guarantee).

Also I am not sure Venda takes care of Credit card processing with your bank/clearing house. Usually there will be one more vendor/software and integration with that is needed for both ERP as well as E commerce software (Venda).

Q3 - My client wants to collect the credit card payment from the Customer at the time of order placement and not at time of delivery. This creates the problem of how the pre-payment posting is created at time of Sales Order create.

Ans: This is standard process and both SAP and your credit card processing software I talked about will be fully geared to do this. What happens is that a pre-authorization is take at the time of order and it will be checked again at Delivery for validity and so on.

Go through this documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/a6/b1853478616434e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Hope this helps. Let me know.

0 Kudos

HI Chandra

Thank you very much for the information. I have a more detailed question regarding how the postings in ERP are made.

The client wants to have the following result

1. Order is created in Venda (3rd party store front) for two items.

2. Receive Payment from customer - I think this is custom

DR CC Clearing account

CR Customer (reference Customer # and Venda Order #)

3. Create Order in SAP (using Venda Order # as order number) - I think this is standard Credit Card

4. Ship item # 1

DR COGS

CR Stock

5. Create billing document for item #1 and release to accounting

DR Customer

CR Revenue

6. Ship item # 2

DR COGS

CR Stock

7. Create billing document for item #2 and release to accounting

DR Customer

CR Revenue

8. Custom ABAP batch program picks completed orders and clears

customer's debit and credit entries pertaining to completed orders:

DR Customer (open item resulting from initial payment)

CR Customer (open item resulting from first billing document)

CR Customer (open item resulting from second billing document)

9. Credit card report load:

DR Cash-in-transit

CR CC Clearing account

10. Bank statement load:

DR Bank

CR Cash-in-transit

Partial refund (if an item is canceled) can be done in Venda and can be

indicated by partially clearing the original payment credit entry and

creating a residual item for the remaining amount (there may be better

options).

DR Customer

CR CC Clearing account

Is this possible? From what I can understand from documentation, this is not standard SAP Credit Card but need to be in the "interface" to ERP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lauren

Since SAP is the fulfillment software, all postings will happen *only in SAP* and as you mentioned.

Venda will be the customer facing front to receive order and credit card info and show shipping status and invoice to customer.

Delivery PGI: COGs and Stock

Creation of Billing & Accounting documents: Posting to clearing account based on authorization received

On settlement with clearinghouse, the posting to clearing account will be offset by regular posting.

Partial payments, returns all can be covered.

Work with FI consultant and you will be fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrasekhar,

I came across your post on sales order integration with ecommerce. My client is also implementing an ecommerce site linked to the erp system.

The proposed set up so far is to have the card details taken on the 3rd party ecom site, auth and cleared by a card clearing company linked to the 3rd party website. The order comes into sap fully paid for. we are using a reference cust linked to a one time ship-to customer in SAP.

My question is

1) Do I still need to configure Credit card process in SAP?

2) Do I need create Payer and Bill-To customer master to represent the credit card companies for the right FI posting.

Thanks