cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML file in IFrame

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on an ess application, need to embed html into IFRAME. I set the source of IFRAME to the test.html file and but I dont see any packages or sub-folders under src->mimes->components

Why don't I see any packages or sub-folders under src->mimes->components?

Is there anywhere else I can put this html file.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Dileep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

please notice that the IFrame is DEPRECATED.

IFrame UI-element is deprecated and will not be supported anymore, maybe in future releases (plans not yet known) the deprecation will be resolved, but the things is that it won't be removed. You can use it on you own risk and we cannot provide you any support regarding this UI element and any problems related to it.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best Regards,

Ervin

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> please notice that the IFrame is DEPRECATED.

>

> IFrame UI-element is deprecated and will not be supported anymore, maybe in future releases (plans not yet known) the deprecation will be resolved, but the things is that it won't be removed. You can use it on you own risk and we cannot provide you any support regarding this UI element and any problems related to it.

>

> Thank you for your understanding!

> Best Regards,

> Ervin

According to [this SAP document|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10aae7db-2e08-2d10-1f97-86a221a9ea46?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true], the IFRAME is no longer deprecated starting with NW 7.11 and 7.2.

On page 6 it states the following:

The IWDIFrame UI Element

You can use an IFrame to run any kind of application or content within a HTML page. Therefore, it was more than natural to also provide a specific Web Dynpro UI element for this from the very beginning. The IWDIFrame UI element was introduced as of SAP NetWeaver 6.40; after gaining real-life experience however, SAP decided to deprecate this again because of the number of limitations.

The most significant limitation was the fact that the IFrame instance was reloaded after each user interaction, triggering a round trip, which in the end limited the scope of supported content to completely stateless applications and content.

With the extended life cycle options that we will discuss in the following chapter, this limitation is removed and therefore the IWDIFrame UI element will be un-deprecated again as of the latest support packages of SAP NetWeaver 7.11 and SAP NetWeaver 7.20.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

thank you for this info, I did not know this document.

Best Regards,

Ervin

MaheshChandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi dileep,

For using IFrame tag you can place your file in KM and access from your application. for ex:your file is in Km-> documents then code is

<IFRAME src="/irj/go/km/docs/documents/File name" 

regards

Mahesh