cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with import of IDOC fromSAP 3.1i to PI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have an IDOC as ZXYZ.ORDERS01 in SAP R/3 3.1i System, I am unable to import the IDOC in PI7.0

Let me know the process to import that idoc.

( I am Doing IDOC to File and file to IDOC Scenario )

Regards,

Edited by: TomShey on Sep 22, 2010 6:27 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you say more about error details you getting. Check the IDOC you are trying to import is a valid one and whether it got released and all.

Please explain how you are trying to import the idoc in PI

Regards,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We also had same problem of unable to import IDOC structures automatically from SAP 3.1I to XI/PI, as the support of this feature as mentioned by SAP starts from version >= 4.0.

Please find the prerequisite as mentioned in help.sap.com

Prerequisites

The SAP system from which you want to import the RFCs or IDocs must contain function modules for calling metadata. You can import RFCs and IDocs from SAP Release 4.0 and higher. The table below gives an overview of the required support packages:

(http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm)

So as per my experience, I could identify three options after indepth investigation.

1. Recreate the IDOC structures in another SAP system which is of latest version >= 4.0 may be IDES, and then import the structure in IR for further developments. This is the option we are using for our developments now.

2. Get WSDL of the IDOC structure by creating manually the structure using XML Enterprise edition using the complete syntax or xpath and import as external definitions and use it in mapping.

3. Re-create the IDOC structure in XI system itself and try to use it.

Let me know if this helped you.

Regards,

Bindu

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am unable to import the IDOC in PI7.0

What do you mean by this?

Don't you know how to do it, or do you have errors while trying?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you searched this on SDN / SAP Help / Google?

Here is a sample, check this -

http://www.saptechnicalDOTcom/Tutorials/XI/FileToIDoc/Index.htm