cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new plug links layout (window structure)

alespad
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

i watched e-learning videos about web dynpro (good explanations by Thomas Jung),

new plug links on window structure is very good (like java web dynpro) ;

How can use this feature? in 7.02?(I am in 7.01 and i see old layout plugs and window structure design)

thanks

Alessandro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The graphical window designer is a new feature in NetWeaver 7.0 Enhancement Package 2.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alternately you could jump across to WDJ where this feature has been available for years

It has been my experience, however, working on the WDJ platform, that to fully benefit from these graphical interfaces (and I certainly did use them - especially for context mapping and visualising which components mapped to which - plugs I didn't/don't use so much as all development within FPM framework) you do need to have a reasonably large screen - trying to develop on anything less than a 17" display running at a reasonably high resolution is painful - you've probably already come across this with the WDA editor - but it gets busier as soon as you start including graphical tools into the mix.

Certainly something to bear in mind as we, hopefully, move to 7.02 in the next year or so. (place that order for a load of 21" monitors

Chris

alespad
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I agree with you about benefits from graphical interfaces and Eclipse (I think it's more intuitive than SE80 instruments) but there are at least 3 points to prefer WDA for me:

-learning a new language (Java) , spend much time to enter in a new world

-nwdi infrastructure : i'm not sap j2ee expert but i prefer Change Request mechanism in abap stack (Cr, Transports , Version Management , etc) .

-Rfc: in Wda i don't have to execute an RFC to select data from abap stack each time .

however I'm not a j2ee expert

Thanks for your opinion

Alessandro