cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a new printer HP LaserJet P2055dn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i need to add a new printer, the model is an HP LaserJet P2055dn , i am in spad tcode but i do not know what device type i have to choose.

i tested:ZHPLJCM1: HP LaserJet series: R4.5+ but it did not work.

could you please recommend me what device type to use.

Thanks in advance.

Sapsky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Skystars,

From checking the [HP LaserJet P2055dn Printer (CE459A) - Specifications|http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06b/18972-18972-3328059-14638-236263-3662052-3662058-3662060.html] I can see that this printer supports the following specifications:-

(1) HP PCL 5c

(2) HP PCL 6

(3) HP postscript level 3 emulation with automatic language switching

So I would recommend that you start off with POST2 device type and verify that this works. If not then I would select another LaserJet printer that supports PCL 5+. There are loads available in SPAD and test the printout from this.

Hope this helps

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael, thanks for your answer,

i tested post2 and did not work.

I do not have all those device, that means i have to upload them into my SAP spad, correct?

when i go to sp01, i only see "-" in the status field ....

the printer is reached correctly , the dns is set correctly, the printer is turn on, the queue on unix is ok ... so, i think the problem is the device, is that ok?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SPAD, apart from device type you need to specify the Access method for host spool. There is a tab Access Method beside Device Attributes tab where you can find the various access methods like E, F, G, and so on. Based on your requirement choose the appropriate access method.

Regards,

Sharath