cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Message Split: Does it really work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

did anybody of you design a process with a message split that works?

If I look the SAPs tutorial "checkSeatFlightAvailability" an test the message-split in IR I CAN'T see that there is a message really splittet into MESSAGE1, MESSAGE2 ..MESSAGE-N!

I wonder why there is just one blog?

Regards Mario

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Yes the message split does work:) You can even split without using the bpm(if you want to)

Here are the weblogs :-

using bpm:-

/people/sudharshan.aravamudan/blog/2005/12/01/illustration-of-multi-mapping-and-message-split-using-bpm-in-sap-exchange-infrastructure

/people/narendra.jain/blog/2005/12/30/various-multi-mappings-and-optimizing-their-implementation-in-integration-processes-bpm-in-xi

without using bpm:-

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

/people/claus.wallacher/blog/2006/06/29/message-splitting-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushumna,

did you try the webLogs?

My Problem is:

I have to split a message by the occurence of a special node-element.

I am looking here for an example!

Thanks a lot

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

The Split without BPM does work and so does the one with a BPM.

Now, occurence of a special node element? Am not sure i get the requirement correct.

But, just to add something, without using a BPM , when you do a 1:N split, just make sure that all the target message are created ATLEAST once. If not, the split will not occur.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mario,

"I have to split a message by the occurence of a special node-element."

Do you mean to say that you need to check if a particular field is present in the source structure and then split accordingly? You can do this...you could probably check for the existence of this variable in the mapping and accordingly split the file by mapping the source fields to the fields in the two target structures..

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, sample

SOURCE:

<root>

<element>

value1

</element>

<element>

value2

</element>

<element>

value3

</element>

</root>

TARGET should be

<root>

<element>

value1

</element>

</root>

<root>

<element>

value2

</element>

</root>

<root>

<element>

value3

</element>

</root>

Regards Mario

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mario,

Use a 1: N split without BPM ,will work fine.

Just ensure following

1. Message Mapping -- Target Message type change occurence from 1 to 0 to UB

2., Interface mapping -- make occurence of Target Interface to 0 to Unbounded

In Interface determaintion, select the option , RB_SPLIT / Extended and and select the mapping, and it will work fine.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do we really need to use the concept of Message split here?

If I am not wrong, we could achieve the functionality you want by writing a simple UDF function which will count the number of element tags in the source.

Depending on the element tags, create <root> tags, split by value and map it to the target element.

Here, I have assumed that the <root> tag occurs 0..ub in the target and <root> is the source message has a parent node.

Regards,

Smitha.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

<i>Here, I have assumed that the <root> tag occurs 0..ub in the target and <root> is the source message has a parent node.</i>

If the occurence of ROOT in target is 0 to UB, then no split is needed like u mentioned, but , if for every occurence of ROOT in the source , if a separate ROOT is needed in the target and ROOT in target is the actual root element with occurence 1..1 , then we would need a Message Split.

Maybe Mario can clarify...

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have exactly have the same requirement, If you could help with your inputs , I appreciate it. I am struck with it.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot.

Sravya.