cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I apply lower level Java SP if i want?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The question might be wired. But if I just want to know if I have Java SP10 installed now. But I'd like to install SP08 instead, can it be doable?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can do that. Its possible to downgrade. You can download lower SP level's SCAs from service marketplace and use forcemode in JSPM or option 3 in SDM (upgrade regardless of SCA/SDA version) and redeploy the SCAs. This should work.

Regards,

Snehal/ SAP, Palo Alto(USA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your response. What's the downside of it if I do so?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The question is why would you want to do so? Have you been suggested to downgrade any particular component or stack by SAP support? The later/latest SPs have bug fixes, better features, optimizations in general and its always better to stay at the higher SP levels. Its quite possible that you encounter some issue which is only at lower SP and is resolved with the higher version.

Do let me know if there is any particular reason why you contemplate downgrading.

Best Regards,

Snehal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your prompt response. My colleage asked me this question and I really do not have an answer for that as I have never done that before. I just want to share with everyone to see if there is a possibility for it.

Thank you again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problems! Glad this helped!

Best Regards,

Snehal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot downgrade support package level.

Thanks

Sunny