cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass user name from MII to SAP R/3 via JRA

Former Member
0 Kudos

When calling in MII a BAPI that executes a goods movement in SAP R/3 via a JRA connection, the user name of the JRA connection is passed to SAP R/3 and not the user name of the person who executed the action in MII. This means that the documented goods movements in SAP R/3, that were created with the JRA connection, are all posted with the same user name. We would like to register the user name of the person who is logged into MII, because we want to know which person executed the goods movements. How can we achieve this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For passing username and password of person who is executing transaction.

Prerequisites :

you must have storred SAP Log in details for same employee somwhere may be in database

That user must have valid SAP log on user name and password

After that you can get SAP Log In credentials based on current user than pass them to your JRA action block.

Hope this help

Regards,

Manoj Bilthare

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys, enabling the autobind was a good tip.

We don't use JRA anymore, instead we use JCO to pass the user name. This is how we did it:

Prerequisites:

u2022 Login name in ABAP must be the same as in Netweaver (Java) - when creating users in Netweaver, copy them from ABAP. An other option might be to map the users in Netweaver with the users of ABAP, in case users are different.

u2022 SSO certificates have to be exchanged between the two systems, SAP R/3 and Netweaver CE.

u2022 Profile parameters in SAP R/3 system should be correct

Confirguration in SAP MII:

u2022 In the JCO action block (for RFC or BAPI call) in the link editor, set SAPUserName property to u201C$MYSAPSSO2$u201D

u2022 Define a transaction property MYSAPSSO2 and in the link editor from the JCO action block, link it to SAPSSO2Ticket property

u2022 In MII Menu - Dataservers - XacuteConnector activate property u201CAutobindu201D

u2022 In MII Menu - System Connection Editor - JCO (used JCO connection) - activate u201CSSOu201D

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also thought of this, but I don't want to create an additional database with user names, because actually Netweaver contains the user management. Creating an additional database, also means extra maintenance. We tried to setup SSO, but it seems that this doesn't work together with JRA. Or am I wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP NW UME content credentials for SAP MII.

If both your SAP and SAP MII login password is same than you can pass username as but for password I am not sure but you can try to transaction from your html or irpt. One more thing I can suggest in Data Services under system connection editor you can create JCO credential alias for your users and alias name should be same as SAP MII Log In name than use JCO action block and pass credential alias as .

Hope this help

Regards,

manoj Bilthare

Edited by: Manoj Bilthare on Sep 24, 2010 5:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Piet,

I think as Manoj said an easy way to get user and password of the current user session to MII is to use the MII Autobind functionality. You can switch on the Autobind property in the [Xacute connector|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mii121/helpdata/EN/45/caaa09f5e94ebae10000000a11466f/frameset.htm] and call your BLT using a Xacute query. If you define two transaction properties "IllumLoginName" and "IllumLoginPassword", the values of the current user will be automatically transferred to the BLT by MII. Then you can use the values as input for the JRA call.

However, usually a technical user is used for the interface connection from MII to SAP. You are right that in SAP you cannot tell which user caused the message. On the other hand, there are also processes where it is useful to know if either a technical user or a "real" user has caused a message.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what are the features the "SAP Techincal user" of xMII it should have to grant possibilities of RFC calls (from MII) and IDOCS reception (to MII)?

regards