Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charm automatic email on action ""reset status to in development"

rayko_aben
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I work with CHARM and use the automatic email due to status change. It works fine.

Now, I want to customize an automatic email if somebody resets a change in test phase ( UC) back to development. Then the status change back to "in development" and this message have to send to developer. If I analyze this status (same status as bevor test phase), the developer gets an email everytime the status is "in development" but I only need this email, If I RESET a change from testphase. My idea was, to create a condition and analyze the action definition "reset status to in development" but I can't find in condition editor.

Has anybody solved this kind of problem or any other ideas?

Thanks in advance

Rayko

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.put a break point in the  method 'IF_EX_EXEC_METODCALL~EXECUTE' in class 'CL_IM_CHM1_HF_EXEC_ACTION'.

2.check what is the value coming into the variable ip_action, when you click on the reset to development.

3.then write a implicit enhancement for above method and place if condition (ip_action = 'value which you found in the above step(step 2) for your action' )

4.Develop logic for sending the mail to the developer saying that it was once again reset to development.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rayko,

one way to do this is using the following conditions for your email action:

Lets say you have status "In development" and "To be tested". Then you have to set the sceduling condition for your email action for status "To be tested". Then set the starting condition for status "In development".

This means the action is sceduled in status "To be tested". If your message is never set back to "In development", the action will no be startet.

But when you set your message back to "In development", the action is executed and the email sent. If you save your message again, the action is not executed again, since it is not sceduled any more, as this happens only in the next status.

Regards,

Christoph

rayko_aben
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for quick answers,

I tried both but does not work. It seems we have another problem too.

It looks like the issue in note "621183 - Partner-dependent actions do not work"

So, first I have to implement and test this case, than I try again with your purposes.

I will publish the results in both cases next week.

kind regards

Rayko

rayko_aben
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have implemented the correction of the SAP note and deactivated the related BADI.

Now, my implemeted actions work fine at all.

I tested both methods suggested.

The 1.proposal (implement an additonal processing type "smart forms mail" to the action definition "TESTED_AND_NOT_OK" )

does not work. Nothing is done during the processing this action.

The 2. proposal ( define a condition with different start und schedule conditions) works fine (Thanks a lot) and I get an email only if I set the status back.

Unfort. I have an additiona, action definition defined which sends an email at status "to be tested". Now, if I set thhe status back to "in Development" I get an add. email for status "to be tested" and I don't know, WHY??

I had to change the action merging from "Max. 1 Action for Each Action Definition" to "Max. 1 Unprocessed Action for Each Action Definition" because I need this action several time ( depends on the pending between "to be tested" and "Back to dev.") but now this action occurs every time I set the status "back to Dev." together with my designated action "email on status "back to Dev".

Any Ideas?

I wonder, proposol 1 does not work. That seems to be the easiest solution. Everytime I execute the action "back to dev." the additional processing type "smart forms mail" runs an creates an email... may be my implemention is wrong??

Kind regards

Rayko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rayko,

At the time of conditions configuration, In SDHF_ACTIONS, you have an action called TESTED_AND_NOT_OK (which is for Reset Status to In development), there you can make the settings to send out a mail to the developer when this action is executed.

Let me know if you have any concerns while making this configuration.

Regards,

Sneha Vyas.