cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP Connector Deletion script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have, yet again, an issue, and this time, it's with deleting data. For the purpose of this discussion, we are working on our sandbox system.

In our CUP issues from the past (SUMMARY: BASIS upgraded, without letting us know, and now our AE 5.2 is not working, and we are trying to figure it out), we finally went to SAP and now SAP is trying to run some of their scripts to get to the bottom of our issue.

It turns out we have a few connectors in CUP, with roles associated with them, that aren't really connected to any system. These connectors were created as place holders for non SAP systems so that "roles" on those systems could be included in requests and they could flow through the workflow.

Anyway SAP says that's not going to work - either the connectors should be in working order or they need to be deleted, since deactivating the connectors still prevents their testing from proceeding.

However, deleting the connectors isn't easy - CUP won't let me delete the connector as roles are associated with them, and there are also requests (test requests from the past) that are associated with those connectors.

SAP came back with a list of tables from where we can go through and just delete the rows of data that are associated with the connectors.

Before doing something like that, I wanted to get your thoughts and know if there are any scripts that have already been put together for such a purpose.

Thanks,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Turns out we don't need to delete the connectors. SAP was saying something from their best practices guide that had no relevance to our issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

SAP did used to provide scripts to delete data from GRC applications. Requests from CUP, Management reports data from RAR etc.. This was the way earlier as there was no way available from within the applications to delete this sort of data.. Connectors in GRC applications cant be deleted without deleted associated data and scripts were used earlier to accomplish this task..

I would still recommend that you take backup of GRC database so that it could be restored in case..

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agree with Varun. The script any of us would provide will not be any different from SAP. Take the back-up and then delete the data from the tables SAP provided.

Alpesh