Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INSPECTIONPLAN_CREATE01: to store long text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear QM Gurus,

Here is my scenario:-

We have an external database which stores all the master inspection plans, master inspection characteristics and inspection methods. SAP QM is used to perform all the QM transactional data only. How we intend to bring the QM Master data over to QM is via BAPI or IDOC (not confirmed on the method yet)

We have a scenario whereby we need to replicate the test instructions from the external database into SAP master inspection characteristics. The test instructions are stored under the test plans in the external database. In INSPECTIONPLAN_CREATE01, we need to set the CHA_MASTER_IMPORT_MODUS = N - meaning we will not refer to the inspection characteristics into the inspection plan. Why? - because each inspection characteristics defers from each material in each plant. Thus we are not allowed to copy all the values from the inspection characteristics into the inspection plan in SAP

Is there a way for us to store the test instructions in the SAP inspection plan without copying over from the inspection characteristics via BAPI?

Please do let me know if the situation is unclear.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lyn

By using BAPI_INSPECTIONPLAN_CREATE you can create long texts in the header of the inspection , at the operation level Inspection plan header or at the Inspection characteristics level.

Suppose you need to put the text in the Header of the inspection plan, Please follow the below steps

1) In the TEXTALLOCATION - a) maintain object Type as 10 . These are the other option available for you

10" Inspection plan header

"13" Operation

"15" Reference for reference operation set

"17" Production resource/tool

"19" Inspection characteristics

b) maintain the language & LINE_FROM and LINE_TO

The attributes LINE_FROM and LINE_TO are pointers to the corresponding text table, in which the current long text lines are to be transferred. LINE_FROM defines the first line of the long text. LINE_TO represents the last line.

2) in the TEXT field of the BAPI

You can maintain Line from to Line to for eg

1 The test method number is xyZ1234

2 The tedt to be conducted is at 100 C

...... so & so

40 Test is concluded with this step

so in the TEXTALLOCATION you can maintain LINE_FROM as 1 and LINE_TO as 40

Hope this helps you

Regards

Gajesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lyn

If the instructions are simple text field , then is it ok if they are attached in the inspection plan header , I mean QP01 header.

If yes then you can use this BAPI BAPI_INSPECTIONPLAN_CREATE and in this you have option of attaching the texts to the header , operation or at the inspection char level

If you need more information on this , kindly let me know

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes the instructions are simple - I reviewed them and they are mainly just text. I would need more information as to where I can attach the texts in which segment. I am unable to find a field in the below segments. Would I need to flag X in one of the fields in one of the segments below to call out the text? Appreciate your advice. Thanking in advance

E1BPFLAG

E1BP1191_TSK_C

E1BP1191_MTK_C

E1BP1191_OPR_C

E1BP1191_REF_OPR_C

E1BP1191_PRT_C

E1BP1191_CHA_C

E1BP1191_TXT_HDR_C

E1BP1012_TXT_C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm.. good point! Let me check if it is possible to do that and I'll come back to ya. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Just checked with the users. Apparently the long test instructions will be used for inspection plan specific. It could be different from one inspection plan to another. I am unable to attach it to the method as it will then be at the characteristic level in inspection plan. I have thought of creating a document and attaching it to the method.. but it will not work.

I am unable to find any segment in the BAPI to be able to store the testing instructions. Possible to customize and create a new segment and put into the bapi to store the additonal information? I am really out of ideas.. have tested all alternatives..

Any other ideas?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are truly referring to individual test instructions, wouldn't these be test methods? Can't you update a test method (which are plant specific), from the external database and than just assign the method to the mic or to the inspection plan characteristic? That way, once set up, the external system only "touches" the inspection methods.

FF