Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving XI content across SLD's

Chandra_Hota
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have 2 SLD's.

Production SLD - Contains information about XI production system. Production BS's does not contain any transport paths.

Non Production SLD - Contains information about Dev & multiple test XI systems. Transport paths are maintained to move content between dev & test systems

Now, a new test XI system is cloned/copied from production XI system.

I want to move Integration Directory content from production XI system to new test XI system.

How can i do this?

After browsing some of the old threads in this forum, i got the following info. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Activities in Production SLD:

1. Create new group for all business systems that belong to new test system.

2. Create all the required business systems that belong to new test system. Assign them to the group created in Step 1

3. For all the production related business systems, maintain transport path target. Specify business systems belonging to new test system (created in step 2) as transport targets

4. Export all the ID content as a file

Activities in Non- Production SLD:

1. Just Import the file. All the content in ID should be according to the naming conventions of new test system.

Please let me know if these steps are fine to achieve my requirement or did i miss domething?

Many Thanks,

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chadra,

The points that you have mentioned are the exact steps to be followed in order to move from system to a new system.

1. Create new group for all business systems that belong to new test system.

2. Create all the required business systems that belong to new test system. Assign them to the group created in Step 1

3. For all the production related business systems, maintain transport path target. Specify business systems belonging to new test system (created in step 2) as transport targets

4. Export all the ID content as a file.

5.Just Import the file. All the content in ID should be according to the naming conventions of new test system.

Thanks,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Chandra_Hota
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies